Conventional Manufacturing Manager
The Manufacturing Manager will lead manufacturing activities in the conventional side of the factory to achieve desired financial and customer service objectives. The Manufacturing Manager for the Conventional Plant will lead in safety, quality, World Class Manufacturing, cost savings, continuous improvement, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management and development of talent. This position is a member of the Plant Leadership Team, and reports to the Site Director. The next 2 years will be about replacing aged assets, improving capacity, capability, and maintenance costs in the conventional plant. The Conventional Plant will grow from 90KT capacity to 160kT capacity.
Your Operational Responsibilities:
- Participates in building annual operational and financial plans to deliver targets on service, costs, productivity, quality, innovation and Safety, Health & Environmental while recommending long term site strategic plans.
- Be a leader on site on for Continuous Improvement strategies to engage and facilitate the implementations of innovations for the site for not only products, but ways of working, cost & service models and the supply chain structure. This will include working with the Category Technology team to implement capital investment to meet planned production, quality, safety, environmental & cost targets.
- Ensure that the technical standards of all manufacturing and non-manufacturing fixed assets are maintained. Enable the factory operation to achieve high level of Customer Service at optimal cost.
- Coordinate and direct the conventional plant and any co-packer operations to achieve the agreed production plans at the specified product quality with optimum labor, energy and materials utilization.
- Ensure Working Capital management systems are effectively used and deliver conventional plant inventory targets set with Regional Category Planning Directors and Regional Supply Management Directors.
- Guard and ensure the application of all Upfield policies and governance requirements.
- Lead on initiatives and projects aiming for sites integration and collaborative work along the extended Supply Chain.
- Lead HR policy deployment and implementation in the conventional plant including management of employee relations.
- Coordinate and direct the Quality Management for the conventional plant.
- Lead/Develop front line Supervisors to continuously improve and grow professionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 8 years in a Supply Chain leadership role (Manufacturing, Technology, EHS, Quality).
- Minimum 3 years working in a factory preferred.
- Experience in Food and Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to build collaborative relationships and networks with multiple and diverse stakeholders, internal and external partners.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to understand and influence teams to adapt to new ways of working.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
Upfield is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.