R&D Technical Project Leader (Product & Packaging & Regulatory)
As TPL, your primary responsibility is to deliver and support the innovation, renovation and brand activation programs for Turkey, Israel and Middle East for all aspects related to the technical elements. You will be running projects in multidisciplinary teams from marketing, supply chain, quality, global R&D and regulatory. The focus products will be spreads (water in oil emulsions) and creams.
- Delivery and technical leadership of appointed innovation / renovation / cost saving / import & export projects in NAMET (North Africa, Middle East, Turkey) region
- Work on packaging and product development activities for all type of appointed projects in collaboration with global R&D team, suppliers and factory team. Conduct line trials/analysis.
- Work closely with Supply Management and Supply Chain on local supply chain support activities e.g. value improvement, alternative supplier development.
- Ensure full legal, regulatory and safety compliance, conduct risk assessments in projects working in coordination with global R&D and regulatory teams.
- Manage engagement with external regulatory & nutrition stakeholders, authorities and organizations.
- Assess impact of new regulations and manage implementation- affecting our products
- Deploy - Support the Business Unit, in activation of new/rejuvenated product launches and sales training
- Monitor external landscape incl competitors and drive relevant actions from this
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in a relevant discipline such as Foods product development, packaging development, quality or regulatory in FMCG.
- Minimum university degree in Food Science / Food Engineering / Chemical Engineering / or related fields
- Knowledge in plant-based food (Oils & Fats, Spreads, Margarine, cheese, creams & dressings) is a plus.
- A team player with a can-do mentality.
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Able to coordinate with multi disciples and have good communication and project management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt within a fast-changing environment.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Able to travel
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.