SAP Discover to Launch – Solution Architect
With SAP solution ownership accountability in the scoped SAP Discover to Launch (D2L) areas, the IT Solution architect will deliver the following responsibilities within the Enterprise Applications organization:
- Drive IT Business Partnering for Global Process Owners and Business Stakeholders,
- Lead End to End Functional Solution Ownership in the Discover to Launch processes,
- Assist IT Support Operations around problem management and continuous improvement.
SAP S/4 HANA Digital Core ERP (PLM) and associated integrations for D2L processes.
Within his/her portfolio scope (as above), the SAP Discover to Launch – IT Solution Architect has the following accountabilities:
- Engage with Upfield Global Process Owners (Discover to Launch) and drive the creation of the Technical & Functional Roadmap.
- Build and Maintain the IT - Business Process alignment to underlying technology services and capabilities.
- Review all business requests, validate if that is the right thing to do – drive standardization, avoid / eliminate technical debt and minimise TCO.
- Review design of all Partner proposed solutions and ensure alignment with the Upfield D2L process, adoption of SAP standard solutions, and at the right cost for Upfield.
- Ensure adequately updated Solution Documentation is in place and in play.
- Drive adherence to Technical Standards by IT Partners (Development / Integration / Testing etc. standards)
- Help define an IT Product Roadmap Strategy for managed IT Platforms, based on Industry Best Practises, Software Publisher’s Roadmaps and Upfield specific functional strategy.
- Senior Presence and acumen to build credibility while working with stakeholders.
- Review and validate all new IT demand in the Discover to Launch area.
- Challenge requirements where they deviate from Best Practises / Standard solutions.
- Identify and propose best practises to meet business requirements.
- Work closely with IT Platform Owners, Global Business Process Owners, and IT Partners to manage demand backlog, validate and signoff Functional and Technical Specifications and effort estimation while maintaining the Product and Functional Roadmap strategy’s technical standards.
- Validate impact assessment / design documentation to ensure operational processes are not affected post deployment.
- Work closely with demand delivery teams to ensure that the changes meet Business and Technology standards.
- Enable resolution of key escalated operational issues along with Service Partners in the capacity of an SME.
- Drive problem management and continuous service improvements.
- R&D – Discover to Launch Business Process Owners
- R&D End Users
- IT Partners
- Peer IT Platform Leads (Order to Cash, Make to Deliver, Plan to Forecast etc)
- Enterprise Architects
Outsourced Partner Teams
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.