Associate Finance Manager - NA Controlling
About your Role!
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day overheads activities for North America - US and Canada. This includes budgeting and building relationships with other department leaders to be able to reach success.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating the annual operating budget.
- Monitor development of Overhead expenses throughout the month and at month end close.
- Reconcile GL activity and process journal entries in the form of accruals or reclasses.
- Provide insights to the FP&A team on actual spend vs budget.
- Analyze financial results and key trends to assess risk & opportunities and communicate to the controller and CFO.
- Responsible for alignment across functions of month-end closure and forecasting timelines
- Prepare and submit monthly Overheads forecast in financial planning system - SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) Software.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with different departments key players to ensure that expenses are posted correctly.
- Prepare monthly Overhead reports and share them with department leaders.
- Consolidation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting.
- Work closely with various global teams including 3rd party service providers.
- Summit quarterly R&D, Legal, IT and Communications recharges to global.
- Implement process and improvement in areas where we can improve efficiency.
- Other duties and responsibilities include support in the insurance area including maintenance of the prepaid schedules, completion of annual forms and invoicing.
- Support Controllers team on month end close processes including reconciliations of accruals, posting entries, benefits group reporting and treasury reporting
- Assist with the internal and external audit processes
- Provide assistance on new projects and initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor's degree. Will consider strong background with other education
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with ability to respond under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines and enforce time management
- Flexible and open minded, quick to adapt to changing requirements
- Very strong work ethic and reliable
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong system knowledge: (SAP (S4 Hana), BPC, Power BI, AFO, Microsoft Office, MS Excel)
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.