About the Role!
This position will be based out of our Rexdale Facility and will later transition to our new facility in Brantford permanently by April 2022.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role forms a key part of our leadership team responsible for the site.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for leading our production employees and overseeing the day-to-day operations to ensure objectives are met for quality, safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in the processing and packaging of our products using the WCM operating framework.
Direct responsibility for all Hourly Production Employees, both on and off-shifts. Additionally, the Supervisor will work on continuous improvement projects both individually and with teams.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter
- Demonstrate strong knowledge on KPI’s, GMP, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality, HACCP, Waste Rate and Run Rates
- Ensure the safe, efficient and effective use of manpower, equipment and material resources.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance, supervision, evaluation, motivation and training of production employees.
- Schedule equipment and employees to meet production requirements and deadlines ensuring product quality.
- Review and maintain the appropriate inventory and stock levels.
- Effectively use data to measure and communicate trends; reinforce positive results and initiate corrective actions.
- Must have experience with HMI’s and process troubleshooting to minimize downtime.
- Prepare written communication including work procedures, notices, and progress reports.
- Manage the line manpower roster. Including vacation schedule, overtime equalization etc.
- Manage the line hourly job rotation schedule and ensure that all responsible employees are trained and following assigned rotations.
- Work closely with Maintenance to minimize downtime, ensure product safety and quality.
- Validate all production records and CIP records.
- Administer the collective agreement, Company policies and standards.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment.
The successful candidate will possess a high degree of initiative, is self-motivated and works well under pressure. The candidate will have demonstrated experience in managing a safety culture, high speed packaging, food manufacturing, GMP, HACCP, and union relations.
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated leadership and conflict management skills
- Union environment experience (an asset).
- At least 3 years of demonstrated success in a manufacturing capacity in a dairy or food environment.
- Proficient knowledge and experience on Lean Manufacturing tools. Knowledge of SHEQ is critical
- Safe, licensed operation of powered industrial vehicles (an asset)
- Self-motivated with results-driven approach
- SAP experience and proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task
- Work in a fast-paced environment and is accountable for their actions.
- Ability to work shift work (including day, afternoons, overnights, and weekends)
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
- Competitive salaries
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Bonus Plan
- Free Parking
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.