Sanitation/Hygiene Technician (10:30PM - 6:30AM, 28.08/hr)
Searching for an energetic Hygiene/Sanitation Technician that will maintain an environment that produces a product going from factory to table. It's pretty important you have a forklift license to move around the facility AND you're willing to learn new things! We will train you on Clean-In-Place (CIP/COP) methods.
You have 2 options being in this role, location-wise:
- You will work out of the Rexdale location to start and will ideally transition with us to Brantford OR
- You will work out of the Rexdale location and end your employment with Upfield by April 2022. You can re-apply to Brantford (non-union environment, change in pay).
At Rexdale, you will be housed under the Teamsters Local Union 647 and be paid 28.08/hr. Because you are starting in a union environment, you will start off on the night shift (10:30PM - 6:30AM) and have the opportunity to move into day or afternoon shift once a vacancy opens up.
About the Role!
The Hygiene Technician position will work safely by observing all safety rules, including proper utilization of lock out tag out.
The Hygiene Technician position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the building, equipment, fixtures, and furnishings using Sanitation practices such as but not restricted to: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Clean in Place (CIP) and clean out of place (COP). Perform routine maintenance including vacuuming; sweeping, and mopping floors; dusting, washing walls, doors, and windows, emptying trash, power washing, scrubbing floor and other needed areas. Reports major repair and maintenance needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of national Safety and Environmental legislation and company policy, systems, and practice relevant to Sourcing Unit and the legal responsibility placed upon individuals.
- Ensure that procedures and practice adhere to safety policy and legislation.
- Wear required PPE while performing all job duties.
- Certain tasks require additional PPE including but not limited to, gloves, apron, waterproof boots, goggles, and a face shield
- Complete basic chemical safety training
- Must actively contribute to the safe working environment
- Safe, licensed operation of powered industrial vehicles
- May be required to complete or contribute to S-EWO and associated paperwork.
- Complete work at heights training and pass the evaluation, safely perform responsibilities that fall within work at heights guidelines
- Working in this area requires movement and operation of a forklift
- Must be comfortable starting on Night Shift (as per Union entry).
- Forklift License Required
- HS Diploma required; College degree a plus but not necessary.
- Minimum 2 years’ industry experience; dairy experience ideal.
- CIP/COP knowledge an asset but can be trained on - Industrial Hygiene training and certifications preferred.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
All interviews will be virtual or by phone. Once you are selected, you will take a COVID exam so that you can start at the facility.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.