Senior Category Manager
Senior Category Manager
Location: Rotterdam/Amsterdam (we will move to A'dam Q4 2021)
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working time and remote working opportunity
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneur environment full of development opportunities
- Great atmosphere in a team of ‘best in class’ professionals
About the role
- Drive Upfield Sustainability agenda at our customers
- The Category manager plays a crucial role as the voice of the customer & shopper in the business team and leads the delivery of the business plans in sales.
- The Category Manager is responsible for balancing the needs of marketing/sales with the needs of the customer based upon objective shopper and consumer insights.
- End goal is translating marketing plans into the best possible execution at our Dutch retail customers and/or professional customers which will lead to profitable growth of the Spreads, Creams and Cheese categories
- The Upfield portfolio contains renowned brands such as Becel, Blue Band and Croma.
- Be the category expert for key customers by objective advice, deep dives and quarterly reviews (category and promo).
- Develop and/ or sharpen the category vision.
- Translate Upfield category strategy to shop floor by taking the Category Strategy to Channels and Customers, selling in category plans and executing across customers
- Delivering business targets by ensuring Category Plans are delivered per key customer
- Delivering Perfect Stores via impactful assortment, promo and shelf advices
- Deliver perfect execution of Category Projects across customers, such as relaunches, innovations and activations.
- Creating great relationships with buyers & customer strategy managers to drive profitable value growth of the category and Upfield brands.
- Representing customer needs & category value drivers internally, ensuring alignment of Customer & Category strategy and brand plans by influencing Marketing.
- Previous (>8 years) experience in category management of key account management with strong preference for the Cheese category
- Master’s degree and a high level of numeracy and analytical skills.
- Excellent engagement, presentation, and communication skills, and an ability to manage a large and complex set of stakeholders
- Ability to own & drive the agenda for the category (pro-active & independent worker)
- Strength in challenging others / holding others accountable, particularly cross-functional peers & senior partners
- Experience of the FMCG industry is a strong plus
- High level of competence in working with data like Nielsen, IRI, GfK, SIS and 7-even
- High level of competence with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with space management software (Nielsen Spaceman / JDA) is a plus
- Upfield in an international oriented company therefore proficiency in English is important but Dutch speaking is required
- Passion for our purpose “making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based product which are good for our planet”
We are looking for an energetic person with a passion to develop food that consumers will love and who will bring new ideas to the business.
You will be joining the world’s largest plant-based nutrition company that operates in over 95 countries. We are building a sustainable business that delivers a positive social impact wherever we can. You can find out more about us here.
So, if you are a people person, believe in a Better Plant Based-Future and connect with our core values of Performance, Passion, and Care, click the easy apply button below!