Junior Commodity Risk Manager
Junior Commodity Risk Manager
Location: Wageningen (end 2021), Average of 3 days working from Wageningen with flexibility to work from another Upfield location or from home during the remaining days of the week.
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working time and remote working opportunity
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneur environment full of development opportunities
- Great atmosphere in a team of ‘best in class’ professionals
The CRM (commodity risk management) team is part of the Supply chain function and is responsible for executing on the global commodity hedging strategy of the company. Upfield is exposed to commodity prices of Vegetable Oils and Fats, Resins, Pulp and Paper and energy markets.
The CRM team analyses commodity markets, provides price forecasts and executes on approved hedging strategies.
The Junior risk manager directly reports into the Senior risk manager.
- Support development of the global Upfield commodities risk management (CRM) strategy and ensure compliance of that strategy with Upfield’s risk management policy.
- Analyse and advise on global supply and demand of relevant commodities and external economic factors impacting these commodities.
- Prepare and support relevant market and risk management presentations for senior Management.
- Work with Middle office and Planning to align on demand forecast.
- Align and lead best practices with buying teams and risk management in front office – ensuring optimal physical pricing with suppliers.
- Represent Upfield at relevant Industry Meetings and Events.
- Senior Risk Manager
- Global commodity Director
- Procurement function and buyers
- Planning function
- Middle office
- Master degree
- 2-5 years of work experience as a buyer/trader/market/risk analyst. Experience with resins, paper , pulp and energy markets is a plus.
- Strong affinity with commodity markets.
- Experience with futures hedging and derivative instruments and execution of these instruments is a plus.
- Very strong analytical skills and capability to clearly communicate market analysis conclusions.
- Understanding basic hedge accounting and compliance rules (CFTC, EMIR, etc)
- Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English
- Strong MS excel//powerpoint skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Driven to succeed
- Strong attention to detail – structured way of working
- Willingness to grow and learn.
- Team player
- Accountability and Responsibility
You will be joining the world’s largest plant-based nutrition company that operates in over 95 countries. We are building a sustainable business that delivers a positive social impact wherever we can. You can find out more about us here.
So, if you are a people person, believe in a Better Plant Based-Future and connect with our core values of Performance, Passion, and Care, click the easy apply button below!