Head of Operations - India
Role: Head of Operations
This role will be representing our Regional Operations department for end to end supply chain operations and performance projects in India, and to be based in Bangalore/Bengaluru, India. This position reports to the Regional Operations Director for Asia and Oceania. The role interfaces between the Global Operations Team, the Business Unit Heads and their respective teams, the Head of Supply Chain in all Asia and Oceania countries/region and all relevant functions needed to make the role successful.
- Overall project and program management
- Working as PMO for ad-hoc SC projects (e.g. greenfield/brownfield, sourcing changes/procurement activities)
- Initiate and facilitate the execution of the transformation projects, actively drive solutions and deliver results
- Assessing and reviewing acquisition targets from an operations standpoint, in cooperation with the M&A team
- Installation of key milestones and KPI, tracking and reporting progression between the different stakeholders and participants
- Develop and monitor KPI scorecards and highlight areas needing attention and improvements
- Ensure adequate resourcing and cooperation between the different participants
- Presenting findings to Upfield’s leadership
- Ensure a customer focused approach to creating value and build a performance-based culture within the Planning & Logistics activities (all GTM requirements)
- Leading for the logistics cost performance management agenda as a finance business partner
- Develop, build and source the capabilities to ensure customer satisfaction and our growth targets are delivered in full
- Build and run the Sales and Operations Planning process (SNOP) including demand planning, production planning, supplier planning and the integration of our core business partners such as distributors
- Drive long-term capacity planning in areas such as warehousing, logistics, production and suppliers
- Ensure goods movement costs are optimized in order to drive value creation for Upfield and our customers
- Manage our inventory profile and ensure the right trade-offs between service levels, cost and cash
- Liasion with the 3PM to ensure high efficiencies and best in class costs management to support business and growth
- Innovate and renovate the supply chain process using Value Creation as a stepping stone towards better COGs delivery and ultimately improving market’s gross margins
- MBA/B.Tech degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience. A relevant tertiary education is also acceptable
- Preferable with supply chain experience, focus on sourcing strategy, value creation and results delivery
- A track record in operational excellence and project delivery
- English proficiency and Excel and Power Point presentation skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strategic influencing & analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Good team leadership characteristics and high engagement across all work levels
- Proficiency in working with Matrix structures
- Willingness to travel
- Insurgent mindset
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.