National Account Manager - QSR Chains
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Sales, Canada, this position will be responsible for the creation, implementation & communication of the Violife Food Service go to market plan, trade investment management, RFP negotiations & driving our Vegan Cheese portfolio across specifically Commerical accounts by region, and/or national, such as Tim Hortons, McDonald's, Wendys, Mr. Sub, and all other pizza, burger, sandwich, and additional QSR outlets/accounts.
- Managing the total interface with all major Canadian commercial Food Service accounts ensuring ongoing development and profitable growth on the Violife, vegan cheese category/Upfield business
- Leading and participating in the development of the company's Annual Planning process for the designated categories with each Customer.
- Formulating plans to obtain agreed-on listings, pricing, distribution, and annual JBP/RFP agreements. Evaluating customer tactics, plan implementation & recommendations to improve for the future.
- Maximizing sales results at the lowest cost by applying effective sales/marketing strategies, effectively negotiating trade spend, and demonstrating effective budget management. This includes implementation of tactics that are developed through a shared planning process with fellow account teams, brand, trade marketing, supply chain, and fellow Upro KAM’s, managing account spending efficiently, and delivering targets within allocated budgets.
- This individual will come will 20+ years experience in direct selling within Food Service Commerical accounts, with current and existing relationships at all levels of our customer's organization up to VP of Sales and/or President.
- This individual will also possess a “hunter” sales mentality in order to seek out, find, and close new business opportunities on a National basis again via currently established industry/customer relationships and knowledge
The successful candidate must have a proven and established track record of 20+ years of achieving annual sales and trade targets within the CPG/Canadian Food Service industry, with specific knowledge and track record with key National Canadian commercial accounts, such as Tim Hortons, McDonald's, Wendy’s, A&W, Mr. Sub, Boston Pizza, etc. Also, they must show a passion for moving the business forward and be able to build and influence both internal and external relationships, mine data and develop insights to action by the customer. This individual must be comfortable with being a “hunter” in prospecting new business development across Violfe cheese sales with current and new commercial foodservice accounts across Canada. This individual must also be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and be self-sufficient to own and grow his/her business(es), while at the same time being part of a broader team, with head office in the GTA. Proven leadership and strategic planning abilities, combined with strong financial management and analytical skills are essential. Candidates should have PC knowledge, primarily in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in a Windows environment. Bilingualism is an asset. Since this position requires travel to and from the account, a valid driver's license is required.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band, and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion, and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mindset of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market, and obsessed with customers and consumers.