Global Automation Engineer
Global Automation Engineer
New Century, KS
Upfield is doing everything within its power to keep our employees safe in this challenging time facing COVID-19. In abundance of caution, Upfield’s Leadership Team has introduced non-invasive temperature checks, face masks, and social distancing for any individuals entering the facilities and within the plant. This action plan is designed to stem the outbreak of COVID-19.
About the Role!
As a member in the Global Engineering organization, you will lead the delivery of the regionally agreed Exco capex program related to automation systems and production applications.
- Implements and maintains the Global Engineering strategy within the company
- Support the Americas Lead Engineering Manager in planning and managing project priorities related to automation
- Supports automation related projects within the region to ensure they are properly planned, executed safely, OTIF, strictly within budget and successfully handed over to the respective Sourcing Unit team
- Maintains the New Century OT and MES systems including that used for ScMM
- Carries the responsibility to ensure the delivery of the projects within s/he scope no matter which region via the locally based Global Engineering team, Central Global Engineering or EPCM’s pending the feasibility and urgency of the project
- Provides input and approval on the capital proposals for the region prior to submission to the Global engineering Director
- Responsible for ensuring due diligence and compliance of the projects within the region with the Upfield Engineering and QA standards as well as the application of specific local obligations and / or requirements
- Continuously strives to find the latest technologies and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity of the global Supply Chain assets and Global Engineering organisation
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
- Contributes to Leading and developing the engineering talent within the organisation and region
- Builds durable relationships via procurement with preferred suppliers and contractors to ensure reliability and cost optimisation
- Safety in Project Execution
- Strict Budget & Schedule adherence in delivery of projects
- Engineering Excellence and Quality standards
- Sustainability & savings impact
- Customer / Stakeholder Feedback
- 5+ Years in FMCG or related Industry required
- Fulfilled a variety of automation implementation and integration projects with track record of delivery
- Project engineering / management experience
- Carrying the responsibility for project successes and providing strong direction for the teams
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexibility to travel within North America
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Violife, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter! and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.