Marketing Innovation Lead for North America
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you and our planet.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world. Upfield blends an entrepreneurial culture with the resources and support that come with being the largest global plant-based foods company.
Our North American business has been on an incredible growth journey for the past several years and has major ambitions to further step-change growth in the dynamic food category. We must attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
This is an exciting time to join a leading plant-based foods company with aggressive ambition for 2021 and beyond. We’re looking to hire an Innovation Lead for the Marketing Team that will manage multiple new product launches, product improvements, line extensions, and product reformulations. This person will need to flex operational, management, and strategic skills while keeping the consumer and customer needs at the forefront of what they do. The innovation lead will collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams of Supply Chain, Packaging, R&D, Sales and Finance. In this role, the innovation lead will play an important role in designing the packaging, developing the pricing strategy, building the business case, and articulating the product proposition and sell-in story. The innovation lead will also support the Head of New Product Development’s innovation work – which includes and not limited to leading the development of sales samples, leadership materials, and operational “Gate-Moves.” The innovation lead will also collaborate with the Head of New Product Development and the Director of Innovation in developing the strategy for Upfield North America’s 3 year pipeline. The innovation lead will need to bring a love of food and a deep knowledge of food trends to the role to ensure the innovations speak to a rapidly changing market. The innovation team moves quickly. The innovation lead will need to bring a dynamic and agile approach to work. If you are entrepreneurial and a “do-er” who loves to get things done quickly and efficiently, is excited to take ownership over business-critical projects and interact, engage with, and debate leadership, this is the right role for you. The plant-based landscape is shifting every day; in this role you will have the opportunity to make your own mark on the space.
This role reports to the Head of New Product Development in the Marketing Team
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and own key projects from ideation to shelf
- Drive accountability and responsibility of On Time in Full delivery of assigned projects through the Innovation project team
- Support on overall innovation strategy and marketing plan for New Product Development
- Work with artwork agency and packaging suppliers to test and develop, break-through packaging and disruption at shelf with new product offerings
- Support in Building Trade stories and cascade with key sales stakeholders
- Manage production budget to build assets that would feed in said trade story
- Support in Developing and managing sales sample development for sell-in
- Liaise with marketing team members to handover innovation projects upon launch readiness for innovation deployment
- Serve as Point of Contact with regional (US / CAN) brand and sales team
- Lead Agenda for Monthly Innovation Meeting
- Stay on top of food trends as well as new marketing technology to assist with special marketing projects as needed to leverage innovative channels.
- Lead Weekly IPT Meeting (Cross-Functional Team made up of R&D, Supply Chain, and Packaging)
- Collaborate with sales, finance, local marketing and CMI to ensure alignment and delivery of innovation matrix
- Key responsibilities encompass project management, artwork creation, concept writing, support on test and learn initiatives, Leading IPTs, innovation funnel creation and monitoring, Business case development, and collaborating with the rest of the marketing team for innovation deployment and launch, as well developing and tracking post launch monitoring
- Role will entail some travel to food conferences, sales meetings, production runs etc!
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience (i.e. Brand Management, Innovation Management, Management Consulting, Start-up experience in the food/consumer space)
- Passion for food!
- High level of interpersonal skills leading cross-functional teams
- Passion for innovation and ability to identify and develop relevant consumer solutions through product offering
- Strong analytical skills and passion for delivering insights from trend identification
- Ability to opportunistically identify avenues for brand growth in emerging channels
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint (Proficiency in MS Projects is a plus)
- An entrepreneurial mindset
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Country Crock, Violife, I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter, Rama and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply