Senior Analyst - FP&A
About the Role
The position will be located at our Head Office 480 University in Toronto. Reporting into the Manager of Performance Management (FP&A), the incumbent will be responsible for helping to build the original Forecast and Latest Estimate in the planning system, assist in the month end close cycle, complete Customer P&L’s and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
This position requires a highly motivated, detail oriented individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Assist in accurately building the Original Budget & Monthly LE (Latest Estimate) in the planning system
- Assist in closing the month by analyzing, reviewing results with manager, and completing required journal entries for the company’s Trade and Marketing spend
- Assist in analyzing and reporting divisional financial results vs the Original Forecast and Latest Estimate
- Complete Monthly Customer P&L’s
- Complete monthly Trade and Marketing balance sheet reconciliation ensuring appropriate balance is kept by working with manager and cross functional team to assess (Customer Development, Sales & Marketing)
- Become the super user for the planning system and develop in depth knowledge of the Trade & Marketing systems
- Assist in recommending process & system improvements and helping to implement
- Complete ad hoc financial reports to the business/assist on cross functional initiatives
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Undergraduate degree and professional accounting designation required (or working toward completion)
- Ability to consolidate, analyze and summarize large amounts of data from a variety of sources
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to build complex formulas to support quantitative analysis, modelling, trend analysis and exception reporting
- Experience with SAP, BI products (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong communication, relationship building and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively get ahead of deliverables and manage multiple priorities
- CPG experience an asset including working in a multi-region reporting environment
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.