Finance Manager France
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Fruit D’Or, ProActive and Violife that people know and love. We have been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career-defining opportunities. We work in Insurgent Culture with a talented and hungry team, demonstrating Unconditional Delivery Mindset each day. We act like owners, pick up the phone & get it done!
About the Role!
As finance manager you will be a key member of local business teams, and market unit finance team. You will have one direct report and will drive the business growth and transformation agenda in France, whilst ensuring a robust and embedded control environment is in-place.
Business Delivery & Performance Management
- Ownership of full P&L and responsible for steering delivery of Net Sales and Operating Profit (EBIT) and Cash
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions
- Drive robust cost control and embed Return of Investment approach
- Active cash management to manage business Working Capital and Free Cash Flow delivery
- Lead financial forecasting/budgeting and longer-term strategic planning processes
Business Controls & Risk Management
- Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business processes.
- Safeguard adherence to all company policies and procedures in cooperation with finance controller
- Active risk management with a focus on driving key actions in partnership with country leadership team
- Maintain integrity of the Balance Sheet, ensuring clear management ownership and regular management reviews
Cash Management & Core Business Processes
- Oversee cash forecasting process and steering delivery of cash conversion and working capital
- Drive visibility and understanding of cash drivers and required actions across business
- Manage Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash processes, including Credit management, pricing and claims management executed by finance controller of the market unit
Tax, Audit & Legal
- Support Internal Audit team and drive full implementation of any recommendations
- Local commercial contract set-up and management, in conjunction with any local legal advisers. Drive adherence to contracts to realize business value
- Review and approve monthly payroll and non-payroll employee tax requirements, in conjunction with local HR team
Talent Management & Development
- Recruit, retain and develop talent
- Contribute to global Upfield Finance function agenda, with a focus on improving capabilities that can be leveraged locally
- Professional qualification in finance or accountancy.
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 5 years in a senior role in finance
- Strong control and analytical mindset.
- Strong people management skills and ability to motivate remote teams.
- Effective Business Partnering.
- Performance Management and business planning.
- Decision Support and Ad Hoc evaluation.
- Professional Accounting qualification and solid Financial reporting and controls skill-set
- Commercial business partnering experience with proven ability to deliver results
- Proven ability to work in a multi-functional organisation with varied stakeholders (seniority, functional mix)
- Strong leadership, strategic influencing and communication skills
- Delivery-focused with a high degree of ownership and a positive, growth mindset
- Collaborative and team-orientated mindset
- Resilience and ability to manage and navigate through change and uncertainty
- Insurgent mindset and passion to identify and deliver profitable, growth opportunities
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Dedicated onboarding program, and all support needed in the initial period
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneur environment full of development opportunities
- Great atmosphere in a team of ‘best in business’ Professionals
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#Upfield #Upfielders #LI-MR1