Financial Controller UK & Ireland
Upfield is looking for a Financial Controller who will play a critical role in the UK & I finance team focusing on core financial controls, audit, governance, P2P, and month end. In this role, you'll report directly to the Senior Financial Controller for North West Europe.
You'll build and maintain key working relationships across the group especially with the shared services group, tax, treasury and the outsource provider Cap Gemini. Another focus of this position will be to produce statutory accounts for the UK & Ireland entities in with the reporting deadlines for each country.
Need more details?
Your responsibilities will cover Controls, Accounting & Governance, Cash management and P2P. This includes:
Controls, Accounting & Governance
- Ensure documented company policies and processes are adhered to across UK & Ireland
- Maintain integrity of the Balance Sheet, ensuring clear management & ownership with regular management reviews. Work with Shared Services team to understand key movements and recommend actions to rectify if appropriate.
- Ownership of the month end close process to stated group timetable deadlines
- Local tax compliance and reporting, in conjunction with local advisers
- Lead statutory reporting process, in conjunction with external auditors
- Lead statutory audit process and reporting, managing relationship with external auditors
- Support Internal Audit team when required
- Manage local statutory insurance programmes
- Ensure integrity of monthly payroll before posting into SAP, liaise with HR team on queries, be the finance point of contact for the outsourced payroll provider
- Monthly reporting of overheads – actuals, forecasts and budgets
- Oversee cash forecasting process and steering delivery of cash conversion and working capital
- Drive visibility and understanding of cash drivers and required actions across UKI business
Purchase to Pay
- P2P OC Governance, continuous Improvement on P2P Processes + controls
- P2P Metrics – POT (Payment on time), POC (PO Compliance)
- Ensure PO’s raised for all indirect spend to minimise urgent/manual payments in SAP S4
We are looking for a Financial Controller with a professional accounting qualification (ACCA or ACA). You are qualified in an audit firm and have at least 1 year of experience in industry.
You have proven ability to work in a multi-functional organization with a variety of stakeholders. You are motivated by a high degree of ownership with an insurgent mindset and the ability to spot and act on growth opportunities.
As a person you are driven with the ability to convince and take people with you. You quickly adapt to a changing environment, have a hands-on mentality and a problem-solving attitude.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
Hit the apply button or reach out on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/carolineweinberg). I appreciate your CV may not be up to date, so you can just send over your LinkedIn profile.
Everyone will get a response!
#Upfield #Upfielders #LI-CW1