The Factory Director will be responsible for the manufacturing site, managing the day-to-day operations of the factory whilst driving continuous improvement and leading the implementation of the central supply chain strategic agenda.
The role requires individuals with a high level of leadership acumen, coupled with a proven background of achieving excellent results across Employee Engagement, OEE, Cost, Quality and Safety.
The Factory Director will have accountability for:
- 350 people; 10 direct reports, 40 salaried employees, 300 union members
- Production volumes of 280,000 tons
As a consequence of the factory being the single production source for the USA, you will not only lead the site in delivering world class manufacturing performance, but you will also be providing input and involvement into the wider manufacturing and supply chain agenda across the North American Upﬁeld business in order to deliver companywide results.
- Working at both a strategic and operational level the role holder will identify and deliver production process improvement in the factory in order to meet or exceed key performance indicators, whilst ensuring systems are in place to deliver product in accordance with customer speciﬁcations.
- Work closely with your site management team to maintain eﬀective cost controls across the sites, whilst delivering cost competitive production to the business and improving OEE.
- Provide a safe workplace for employees and compliance to local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure compliance to Food Safety and GMP standards
- Supervise and co-ordinate the response to factory legal issues, product compliance and management of change.
- People and organization culture development at all levels of the organization
The Upﬁeld Supply Chain team aspires to be ‘World Class’ and the Factory Director will be expected to develop the site leadership team to develop robust, leading edge systems and work processes on their site.
Skills & Experience
- Industrial background > 10 years of work experience in manufacturing operations.
- Experience in a highly automated production environment and in the food industry.
- Experience in high technology: high speed filling & packing, automated batch making systems, robot material handling.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Experience working with organized labor, multi shift patterns, 5 day and 7-day 24-hour operations.
- Wide experience in people management.
- Fluent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English.
- Local labor legislation and quality system regulations experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a multi-national organization / environment; ability to work in decentralized matrix organization.
- Good project management experience.
- People development / talent management / succession planning.