Production Supervisor (Transition from Etobicoke to Brantford)
About the Role!
This position will be based out of our Rexdale/Etobicoke Facility and will later transition to our new facility in Brantford permanently by April 2022.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role forms a key part of our leadership team responsible for the site.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for leading our production employees and overseeing the day-to-day operations to ensure objectives are met for quality, safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in the processing and packaging of our products using the WCM operating framework.
Direct responsibility for all Hourly Production Employees, both on and off-shifts. Additionally, the Supervisor will work on continuous improvement projects both individually and with teams.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter
- Demonstrate strong knowledge on KPI’s, GMP, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality, HACCP, Waste Rate and Run Rates
- Ensure the safe, efficient and effective use of manpower, equipment and material resources.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance, supervision, evaluation, motivation and training of production employees.
- Schedule equipment and employees to meet production requirements and deadlines ensuring product quality.
- Review and maintain the appropriate inventory and stock levels.
- Effectively use data to measure and communicate trends; reinforce positive results and initiate corrective actions.
- Must have experience with HMI’s and process troubleshooting to minimize downtime.
- Prepare written communication including work procedures, notices, and progress reports.
- Manage the line manpower roster. Including vacation schedule, overtime equalization etc.
- Manage the line hourly job rotation schedule and ensure that all responsible employees are trained and following assigned rotations.
- Work closely with Maintenance to minimize downtime, ensure product safety and quality.
- Validate all production records and CIP records.
- Administer the collective agreement, Company policies and standards.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment.
The successful candidate will possess a high degree of initiative, is self-motivated and works well under pressure. The candidate will have demonstrated experience in managing a safety culture, high speed packaging, food manufacturing, GMP, HACCP, and union relations.
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated leadership and conflict management skills
- Union environment experience (an asset).
- At least 3 years of demonstrated success in a manufacturing capacity in a dairy or food environment.
- Proficient knowledge and experience on Lean Manufacturing tools. Knowledge of SHEQ is critical
- Safe, licensed operation of powered industrial vehicles (an asset)
- Self-motivated with results-driven approach
- SAP experience and proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task
- Work in a fast-paced environment and is accountable for their actions.
- Ability to work shift work (including day, afternoons, overnights, and weekends)
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
- Competitive salaries
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Bonus Plan
- Free Parking
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.