About the Role!
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Continuous Improvement operating framework. This includes managing the shift crew and distribution activities including material shipping, receiving, storage and movement throughout the facility as well as ensuring data integrity with associated inventory transactional data systems.
The Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for inventory analysis related to cycle counting, surplus, aging inventory analysis, and Warehouse organization. This position will work individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
The facility is located in New Century, KS.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Managing distribution activities during the designated shift by leading and motivating employees in all areas including safety, efficiency, loss management, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Driving Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) and Quality culture by protecting employee’s health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules, meeting legislative requirements, providing instruction in regards to safety procedures and supporting plant SHE and Quality initiatives as required.
- Evaluate and educate team members on errors that impact transactional data systems.
- Evaluate and implement changes for improvements in physical storage as well as data integrity.
- Ensure timely transfer of materials to and from the production areas.
- Accountable for the productivity of the site during off-shifts. This requires contacting appropriate resources for issue resolution, providing alternative duties in the event of breakdown or material shortage, monitoring general performance and behavior of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Maintenance, Material Planning, Quality Support, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals.
- Facilitating required training programs to employees.
- Utilize Kronos Timekeeping System to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately.
- Regularly cascading and communicating site targets and goals from the Leadership Team to shift crews consistently and accurately.
- Participating in the development of the annual site manufacturing budget and controlling fixed and variable cost expenditures.
- Fostering positive employee relations, including properly interpreting and administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Investigate and identify root cause of Safety, Quality and environmental incidents utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
- Champion World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Safety objectives. Strive for zero incidents and ensure a people centered safety culture exits within the department.
- Educational degree – will consider strong experience and HS Diploma.
- 3+ years supervisory or leadership experience. Managing part of a Manufacturing operation.
- Skills specific to training WCM, SHE, Quality, GMP’s and other plant specific trainings.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.