Junior Category Executive
Upfield UK is looking for a Junior Category Exec to help grow the categories that Upfield foods operates in to ensure their future. In this role you put yourself in the shoes of the shopper to deliver best in class insight to our retailers and our business, developing strategies, solutions and recommendations to grow our mutual businesses sustainably.
Need more details?
You will create and grow Strategic partnerships with Key retailers.
- Take the category strategy & vision to the customer, utilising it to develop tailored joint category plans, bringing the category to life through your passion & enthusiasm for plant-based food.
- Support the business strategies of individual retailer’s by maximising our brands performance through key activations throughout the year.
- Establish and foster relationships with external customers, improving both sales and profitability to deliver & drive long term sustainable growth aligned to the wider category vision.
Win at Range reviews:
- Influence and shape key retailer ranging windows, providing compelling insights & analysis to create category growth and value creation for BSM, Creams & Cheese.
- Create world class selling stories that help Upfield win disproportionately across the trade.
Deliver continuous insight through performance monitoring:
- Be the key point of contact for all data requests through our core data platforms to provide insight & analysis where required to the wider business.
- Manage & maintain core business performance updates as part of the wider monthly category cycle to ensure the wider team are fully up to speed on the market dynamics, insights and changes
- Identify & lead on-going trends work, providing a consumer lens insights perspective to the business – an eye’s & ears approach on what’s going on in the wider Dairy category.
Be the voice of the Shopper & Customer internally with Sales and Marketing:
- Work hand-in-hand with the wider cross-functional teams, especially Brand, Shopper and Sales, to support from a category perspective on key ad-hoc requests to maximise market share.
- Use consumer, shopper and market insight to guide our marketing and sales teams on what is best for the Category.
You have 1 to 2 years of FMCG Category experience, ideally in food or drinks. You have a good understanding of data analysis and insight generation by utilising core data platforms e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, Dunnhumby or Sainsburys Insight Platform.
You are a real team player who has the desire to roll up your sleeves and get things done. A true self-starter with the ability to establish, foster & build great customer relationship with the trade is who you are!
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
How to apply!
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
Hit the apply button or reach out on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/carolineweinberg). I appreciate your CV may not be up to date, so you can just send over your LinkedIn profile.
Everyone will get a response!
#Upfield #Upfielders #LI-CW1