You work with the Packaging Manager to design product/packaging to ensure product integrity from manufacturing to shipping. You will design, test, analyze, and select materials for packaging based on durability and cost-effectiveness. In this role you will work with internal cross-functional teams as well as external partners (suppliers) to achieve packaging functionality goals You will ensure our packaging artwork complies with all regulations both domestic and internal.
- Design, plan, and conduct package performance testing
- Develop, maintain, and optimize packaging specifications across all packaging components
- Support procurement in validating new suppliers for packaging materials from component and complete package testing to manufacturing trials
- Work in partnership with a wide range of internal partners including Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Sales, R&D, and Quality along with key external partners globally, to effectively drive packaging projects
- Support the Packaging Manager to drive new packaging platforms and packaging projects as an integral part of respective category/brand pipelines
- Support the Packaging Manager to elevate the role of the packaging within the overall innovation agenda, putting it at the heart of all discussions
- You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
- You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
- At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation, and your desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree required. Packaging engineering, Industrial engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent is preferred, but not necessary
- 1-3 years experience in R&D Packaging – required experience in packaging and product development. Experience in FMCG is essential
- Results-driven with innovative thinking, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships
- Knowledge of package testing methodology
- Knowledge of plastic and paper packaging.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band, and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion, and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion business across 60+ countries with the mindset of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market, and obsessed with customers and consumers.