Marketing Director - South Asia (Pakistan & Sri Lanka)
Head of Marketing (Marketing Director), South Asia (Pakistan & Sri Lanka).
Location – Karachi, Pakistan
Required Experience: 12 to 15 years
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
We are looking for a dynamic, senior and outstanding all-round marketing professional to join our new insurgent business that focuses both on retail and food service marketing. The role will report directly into the General Manager South Asia region. The Head of Marketing will focus on the end-to-end mix development and deployment of our brands and innovations in Pakistan & Sri Lanka. The individual will be based in Karachi with travels to Sri Lanka when necessary.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and resourceful, with a proactive & goal orientated mind-set looking to break out from the status-quo. He/she is fully responsible for the marketing function in South Asia Region , which is Development as well as Deployment. This includes, but is not limited to, Consumer Insight, Concept, Product, and Communication Mix Development, Research (which we try to keep to a minimum), Media Buying and development of a strong team.
Develop and drive all marketing activities in South Asia. The following are the key activities but the end of the day you are responsible for your brands top line, bottom line, equity and market share growth.
- Develop long-term category vision, strategy and execution plan.
- Build purposeful brands, which are going to be loved by people in your markets.
- Develop and implement brand marketing plans considering local market and consumer insights as well as 12Q plan and full year activity plan.
- Develop and implement brand marketing plans for relevant food service operators in South Asia that meet their needs and delivers value to the business.
- Optimizing product assortment to fit market demands and introducing relevant innovations to expand the portfolio.
- Managing pricing strategy in order to drive profitable growth as well as driving saving programme to improve gross margin.
- Driving aligned ATL and BTL communication in co-operation with local Customer Marketing and Sales teams. Ensuring all planned activities are executed to an optimal level and that key JTBDs are achieved and set KPIs are met in terms of trial, awareness and ROMI
- Responsibility for media/PR communication, campaign briefing and planning.
- Ensure accurate monitoring and controlling of Advertising & Promotion budget.
These Skills Are Essential!!!
- High Bias for Action! Mount Everest high!
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But heck, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to work with a multi-cultural, multi-country team across different time zones (Time zone adjustment is a critical part of JOB).
- Proven track-record of managing the total marketing budget. You are part of the team that owns the total P&L. Every cent saved, is a cent earned so should know how to measure effectiveness
- You have a strong preference for working-media over non-working media.
- Strong business acumen and organizational awareness. This means, you know what is going on around you at all times.
- Relevant experience with managing agency relationships (creative, research, media buying) because we will not hire a dedicated team to do that for you. Sorry.
- Strong understanding of media buying or willing to quickly learn all ins-and-outs (we have no intent of hiring a separate media manager either, nor a CMI manager for that matter, we mean it when we say “end-to-end”). Obviously, you do not need to do the media buying yourself, but you need to be able to determine fact from fiction when your media buying agency is trying to sell you more than what you really need.
- Track record of developing and deploying EFFECTIVE communication assets across all media channels. We want to touch the hearts and minds of our consumers, and we want them to buy our products. That is where you come in. You will be our consumer advocate and marketing rock star!
- You love competitive pressure; you think outside of the box (what box?), you would have been an Olympic Gold Medalist if you were not always working that hard on creating consumer love. Every working hour of every working day. It is what gets you up in the morning!
You are part of a TEAM and you will lead the TEAM on some project. And these teams are sacred. They are built on trust and mutual respect. And you respect that!
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.