Brand Marketing Lead
About the Role
Upfield is looking for a passionate Brand Marketing Lead to join our newest insurgent brand, Violife! Violife’s award-winning vegan cheeses are dairy-free as well as free from GMOs and major allergens like soy, nuts, gluten, and preservatives, and our products are favorited by vegans and flexitarians in more than 50 countries around the world. At Violife, we treat food as an experience for all the senses, and we believe food can be a powerful catalyst for change.
The new Violife Brand Marketing Lead will work on the planning and execution of marketing communications and programs including the launch and commercialization of category adjacencies in the U.S. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, creative content, and food trends, and has experience strategizing with in-house creative and/or agencies. The candidate should have an overall passion for brand marketing strategy, bringing together traditional, digital, and grassroots efforts to drive awareness, engagement, and loyalty for Violife in the U.S. market.
The position will report to the Senior Marketing Lead for Violife and work closely with our social coordinator as well as our global Violife marketing team. The Brand Marketing Lead will join the Upfield marketing team with a variety of opportunities to develop their marketing acumen and show leadership potential to further their career within the organization.
Communications and Creative:
- Develop overall communications strategy and marketing plan for Violife cheese adjacencies
- Lead content creation strategy and development with in-house and freelance designers, copywriters, and production team, including videos, still images, email assets and more
- Partner with shopper marketing agency in planning and executing customer shopper marketing activities and national consumer promotional strategies
- Define/refine consumer targets to ensure clarity related to customer/category story, influencer strategy, innovation strategy, and agency briefing
- Work with media agency and colleagues at key digital platforms (eg. Facebook, Instagram) to develop test-and-scale approaches for audience-driven digital media
- Provide marketing intelligence insights in conjunction with media agency to synthesize and optimize activities in the areas of paid and owned media (digital, social), with an eye towards learning and utilizing our data management platforms to extend our targeting capabilities
Community Marketing Initiatives:
- Partner with Experiential Marketing Manager to plan and activate at tentpole and smaller consumer lifestyle events, including Food Truck pop-ups!
- Help manage digital fan community including community management, communication, and activation calendar (examples: giveaways; promotions; newsletters)
Sales Team Support:
- Provide Market insights & information to the Sales team (e.g. competition, trends)
- Help develop marketing materials for retailers/customers and develop marketing presentations for selling stories
General Brand Marketing Support:
- Work closely with social coordinator to support rollout of innovation items
- Manage vault of pack shots, lifestyle images, and e-comm image gallery
- Manage budget and drive efficiencies on an ongoing basis, working closely with external partners to optimize across and within channels
- Monitor and report business/brand performance (global performance packs, Nielsen’s, Equity)
- BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related background
- 4+ years of experience in a closely related capacity
- Understanding of digital marketing including content creation, media, and performance tracking
- Sharp eye for creative, food imagery, storytelling, and content development
- Demonstrated capability to create high impact channel marketing programs, obtain buy-in from external and internal stakeholders and manage through execution
- Ability to set KPI’s for promotional programs, track performance against objectives and report on ROI metrics
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with cross functional internal stakeholders
- Preferred: Consumer-centric; out-of-the-box thinker; insurgent and entrepreneurial spirit
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Country Crock, Violife, I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter, Rama and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now.