Packaging Technician (10:30PM - 6:30 AM)
Packaging Technician (10:30PM - 6:30AM)
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Packaging Technician works under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisors for the Manufacturing Department.
He/She is responsible for all aspects of line operation including CIP, Change- Overs, Lubrication and Troubleshooting according to an established procedure, at a set pace while adhering to all safety regulations. Inspects product and completes required quality checks and necessary forms.
This is a night shift position (10:30PM - 6:30AM) and has the opportunity to move into day or afternoon shift once a vacancy opens up.
- Operate machine(s), keeping watch for any malfunction. Maintaining quality and quantity of product as set by Quality Assurance and packaging Production Standards.
- Inspect product according to quality standards.
- Check ingredient and total product weights and adjust the controls as required to ensure adherence to standards.
- Troubleshoot production issues as required. For serious abnormalities liaise with maintenance or Supervisors to ensure timely resolution.
- Manage changeovers as necessary, including work requiring use of basic hand tools.
- Monitor points of lubrication throughout line and address issues as needed.
- Maintain a high degree of personal hygiene and keeps work area in a clean and sanitary condition in compliance with GMP Standards.
- Perform SPC functions (weight/quality checks) as indicated on quality check sheets to ensure product is maintained within standards.
- Ensure adequate material supply is on the line at all times (i.e. tubs, lids, foil, glue, etc.) and that all machines are properly loaded.
- Clean case coder printing heads and replenish coder ink as required.
- Change the case coder message during changeovers.
- Clean and sanitize the line as needed and during changeovers.
- Maintain close communication with other employees as required to ensure continuous operation of the line.
You have a strong sense of teamwork!
- Must be able to work 10:30PM - 6:30AM shift, flexible weekends
- Highschool diploma/GED equivalent required
- Knowledge of WHIMS, HACCP trained (Preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents relating to the job, function or assignment
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations
- Basic use of hand tools, walkie stacker and is computer literate
- Closing shop orders
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!