Purchasing Buyer - Industrial Machinery
You will be supporting the transition into our Brantford facility, strategically sourcing the Capex for Upfield’s factory.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Ensure strategic sourcing of Capex related goods and services within the defined scope
- Support in delivering Value Creation Programs across the global network of suppliers
- Strategically source and negotiate projects and lead the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Develop and maintain working relationships with both internal and external business stakeholders
- Deliver on key financial targets such as gross margin improvement through savings and cash flow improvement by applying (e.g.) smart buying tools
- Optimize the current Capex network and consolidate if needed
- Execute sustainability agenda
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, flexible on educational degree.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Capex procurement.
- Ability to analyze sourcing data and conceptualize sourcing strategies.
- Negotiation, influencing, and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in large-scale change management projects is a plus.
- Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity.
- Enjoy working in a virtual and multicultural working environment.
- Knowledge of local regulations is a key selection criterium.
- Management of change orders and negotiations.
- Experience with local general contractors.
- Understanding of the Canadian market.
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel
- Capex buyer reports into the Americas Global Engineering Manager.
- Internal: Procurement Global and Cluster teams, Manufacturing teams, R&D team, Legal, Finance business partners
- External: Suppliers: Commercial management and management of Key Suppliers, Agents, industry bodies, advisors and benchmarking organizations and others.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
Upfield is an equal opportunity employer. Upfield does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.