Refrigeration B Operator - $37/hr
About the Role!
The Refrigeration B Plant Operator has the direct accountability for ensuring the maintenance of facility boilers, chilling units, and HVAC units. They will oversee the maintenance and operations of plants utilities under the supervision of the Chief Engineer.
The Operator must hold a Refrigeration B ticket in good standing with TSSA.
This role is 8-hour day/40 hours a week and pays $37/hr.
- Maintain/ Monitor/Test/ log all steam generating requirements by operation code
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements to TSSA Standards
- Participate in plant equipment repairs/installations
- Interface with necessary Contractual and Inspection Departments for corrective and/or legal requirements
- Carry out oral/ printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion utilizing computerized maintenance system
- Maintain accurate records of safe management, operations and maintenance through compliance
- Improve plant efficiency by reporting on operating conditions of equipment, determine operating window, and helping to develop and maintain a maintenance program
- Troubleshoot any mechanical breakdown relating to the Utilities Department to ensure minimal loss in manufacturing of our products
- Work together with all other departments to ensure a productive team environment and the continuous improvement of the plant processes
- Understand all operating procedures of our facilities processing equipment and can maintain it
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring plant and powerhouse are operating in accordance with the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (T.S.S.A.)
- Ensure all work performed complies with governing practices, codes and regulations
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP. WHIMS, MSDS requirements
- Refrigeration B ticket required; must be in good standing.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Manufacturing environment required; Food production environment preferred.
- Must be mechanically inclined, troubleshooting skills are required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well within a team environment.
- Must be able to work day-shift with progression to 24/7 shift; work 2 days a month on weekend.
- Previous experience working with SOP's and GMP's is an asset.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.