The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Human Resources function within the company including employee administration, management of personnel records, compliance with laws and regulations, interview scheduling, new hire administration and other duties as assigned to support human resources.
The successful candidate will have a positive, professional demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to work as a team player. The nature of the work will require that the candidate demonstrate initiative and responsibility and be flexible/adaptive to a fast-paced and fluid business environment. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and decisively with all levels of the organization and able to solve practical problems.
This role is located full-time at our plant in New Century, KS - 27080 159th St, New Century, KS 66031.
- Responsible for recruiting hourly associates - Schedules interviews, checks references, makes offers and assists in new hire orientation for employees
- Creates new hire orientation packets
- Assists with new hire administration through online Applicant Tracking System
- Creating and maintaining personnel files
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Responsible for processing weekly payroll for hourly associates.
- Responsible for all HR clerical duties including, but not limited to locker assignments, employee uniforms
- Assists with planning employee events
- Provides support for employee questions related to payroll & time and attendance
- Provides administrative support to benefits programs (such as Life, health, vision, dental, etc.) and leave of absences, utilizing HRIS
- Communicates with employees, management team and HR staff as appropriate
- Provides HR staff support and other special projects
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of related coordinator or administrative level work experience
- Proficient with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and MS Office programs
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and create improved efficiency
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through to completion
- Effective communication, writing and grammar skills, paying great attention to detail
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience with Human Resources Information Systems
- Previous experience with time & attendance systems
- Previous experience with Recruiting and Onboarding
- You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
- You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
- At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.