Senior Marketing Manager - Away from Home
The Senior Marketing Manager – Away from Home is responsible for driving Violife’s brand equity and sales conversion within the foodservice industry and enabling consumers discovery within strategic accounts. This exciting role will work cross-functionally with our Marketing and Sales teams as well as partner with key customers, chefs and influencers for omni-channel planning and activation.
The successful candidate will have a positive, professional demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to work as a team player. The nature of the work will enable the candidate to demonstrate strategic-thinking, creativity, social/digital acumen and campaign management within a fast paced business environment. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and decisively with all levels of the organization and able to solve practical problems.
- Establishing a new customer facing away from home company identity leveraging plant based insurgent brands and the Upfield mission
- Building equity for Upfield’s away from home portfolio through design and execution of CRM and other trade strategies reaching professional cohorts
- Enabling consumer discovery through front of house and menu integration with omni channel programming
- Creating top dish and dessert strategy articulating the clear points of differentiation the portfolio plays against those dishes
- Networking within Upfield to gather best practices across the globe
- Collaborating with internal cross functional stakeholders, sales + top customers on business expansion opportunities
Skills and Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of away from home channel related brand marketing, social/digital media planning and innovation
- Away from home channel customer marketing experience with a solid understanding of indirect/direct distribution model
- Experience on end-to-end execution of marketing campaigns
- Strong cross functional leadership experience
- Ability to evaluate creative work in the context of brand strategy
- Experience in translating out of home channel research and market trends into insights and actions (NPD, Nielsen’s, Technomic, etc.)
- Strong financial acumen and P&L understanding
- Ability to interact successfully with Senior Management, sales, agencies, and cross functional teams, fostering open, honest and direct communication.
- Strong writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills demonstrating an ability to influence and communicate strategies and plans at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing a complex project list, priorities, and budgets
- A track record of project management with a focus on driving for results
- You have a passion for marketing, food and culinary arts; and a strong interest in plant-based living
- You are driven and energized by autonomy
- You’re a thought leader with big picture thinking
- You have an intense drive: leading with passion, enthusiasm, and self-motivation to achieve goals and challenge the status quo
- You’re constantly innovating – Developing and encouraging ideas that challenge common thinking
- You are results oriented--with a GM mindset focused on getting things done while balancing quality and protecting the bottom line
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.