Material Planner (Etobicoke to Brantford 2022)
About the Role!
Upfield, Canada is expanding its operations with a new Canadian production facility in Brantford, ON est. 2022.
The Material Planner will support the transition planning and execution of production relocation. Post transition, this role will be responsible for raw and pack material planning for our plant-based spreads and cheese portfolios.
You must be willing to start with us at our current facility in Etobicoke and transition with us to Brantford permanently.
What your main responsibilities will be:
- Communicate and actively manage factory transition plans with suppliers and internal parties to avoid service disruption
- Support the master data setup for materials planning and perform routine data hygiene check to ensure system integrity
- Evaluate material requirements based on MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and requisition materials accordingly.
- Provide insights on material inventory levels and consumption trends to support setup of factory warehousing operations
- Release purchase orders in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system to support the production schedule.
- Manage the on-time delivery of raw and packaging materials. Identify and communicate risks to production plan and impact on various functions in the process.
- Monitor raw and package inventory and lead inventory optimization initiatives.
- Interface with Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Suppliers, Factory Production and Warehouse, R&D, Logistics.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives to improve costs and efficiencies throughout our manufacturing and planning process.
What are your requirements for the role?
- Educational Degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Advanced SAP and Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be able to work hybrid (on-site and remotely) schedule.
How do we support you and our associates?
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Structure
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Free Parking
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.