Process Safety Lead - Hazardous Chemicals
You will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the elements of PSM and RMP regulatory compliance and the integrity of the industrial refrigerant systems, including ammonia and other cooling process systems.
This is a full-time salaried position.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain PSM program and ensure that regulatory requirements are met as a minimum as directed by the OSHA standards.
- Provide direction to the plant workforce and assist the plant leadership in developing, implementing and sustaining plant specific policies, procedures, programs and training to achieve and maintain compliance with Health & Safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Conduct routine meetings with designated refrigeration personnel.
- Maintain a working knowledge of PSM (14 elements), RMP, CAA 608 and applicable state and federal rules and regulations. Provide technical and high level PSM related training as required.
- Conduct audits and inspections of plant performance and activities.
- Educate personnel on program aspects to include: hazard recognition, inspections and how to address gaps.
- Coordinates, and participates in PSM and RMP program activities at a local and asset level which include management of change, pre-startup safety review, and process hazard analysis activities; also coordinate and participate in field MOC and PSSR meetings when needed.
- Monitor and assist in training on operating procedures including the annual review/certification and initial/refresher training. Assist in creating and updating operating procedures when needed as well as maintaining the operating procedure training matrix. Conducts PSM and RMP training to facility, asset, regional employees and contractors.
- Oversees, coordinates and participates in employee participation activities in accordance with PSM and RMP programs.
You'll be one of the two below:
1. Associate’s degree in a technical topic AND at least 2 years’ experience leading and coordinating PSM and RMP activities.
2. Bachelors degree in EHS field or technical school; OR at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Trained in facilitating HAZOP and What-if/Checklist PHAs or be willing to complete such training.
- Must be knowledgeable of the PSM Standard and RMP rule and be able to lead associated activities at the facility and asset level.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
You're a leader and able to:
- be an educator: conduct training to small or large groups.
- be operational: write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- be an influencer: present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits starting day 1: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, PTO, Local and Regional Referral Bonus.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.