UK Customs Internship - 6 months
Working as part of a small team, you will perform the customs processing required to enable flows of goods into, out of and within the UK. You will participate in process improvement and development, introducing new customs capabilities to the business and enhancing efficiency. This internship is for 6 months with a possible extension up to one year.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a best in class, post-Brexit operating model for import and export in the UK and Ireland.
- Manage end-to-end UK import and export movements, performing customs transactions to ensure their successful and timely completion.
- Collect data, maintain processes, and prepare reporting as necessary to meet the requirements of import and export.
- Maintain software updates and data required to support the customs transactions and compliance of the company.
- Identify areas for improvement and drive projects to deliver specific enhancements.
- Work with Upfield colleagues in factories and markets, as well as 3rd parties, to ensure the smooth operation of the import and export flows.
- Experience working in supply chain or similar operational environment.
- Customs knowledge and experience with processes and systems is preferable (e.g., C4T)
- SAP knowledge and familiarity is preferable
- Experience of limited process and/or system change projects.
- Team-working skills, particularly as part of a virtual team or a matrix organization.
- Comfortable working in both operational and project-based roles.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Stork, Elmlea & Violife. We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the kitchen or restaurant table.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
How to apply
Apply directly via our Apply button. Questions? Please contact our recruiter Caroline directly via email@example.com or /in/carolineweinberg). You don't have an up to date resume at hand right now? No problem, just send us your LinkedIn profile!
Everyone will get a response!
#upfieldglobal #upfielders #supplychain #plant-based #vegan #LI-CW1