Quality Assurance & Food Safety Specialist (Etobicoke to Brantford)
About the Role!
This role starts in Etobicoke and transitions to Brantford permanently by March 2022.
Act as Site Food lead and QA expert, to support the Brantford/Etobicoke (Rexdale) facility in improving performance and decreasing quality related issues, holds, etc. This includes day to day administration of HACCP, GMP, Microbiology, S4H, and other Quality systems to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Lead the FS management system of the plant the way that it complies with FSMA, SFCR, FSSC 22000 v5 guidelines. Lead certification of site in GMP / GFSI compliance by successfully completing external announced or unannounced audit on-site.
- Maintain the Upfield QMS & HACCP study up to date through annual reviews and cascading updates with Food safety related trainings, complying with internal and regulatory standards.
- Responsible for intensively evaluating select retail products off the lines to monitor quality of products. Work closely with all departments (maintenance, production, R&D, purchasing) to identify and rectify any quality defects in products.
- Provide support to the Upfield Brantford Plant in process quality related issues to improve upon Right First Time, Quality Rate and process deviations (D -incidents). This will directly be linked in improving efficiency/ quality failures.
- Review Salesforce dashboard (Careline data ) of customer complaints and trending to identify top Losses from consumer point of view and initiate corrective actions for the same.
- Co-ordinate with 3PWH to ensure product is dispositioned as per ways of working. Manage the Block & Release program to avoid any potential marketplace incident through the testing of the system performing mock recalls or traceability exercises. Complete end-to end- non-conformant product management from holding product to final disposition, including Business Waste (BW) tracker.
- Report and Investigate quality non-conformances. Work with production and maintenance / engineering to implement required measure to warrant the consumer safety and quality of product. Assist Spreads & Cheese QA supervisors in investigating complaints through RCA and putting CAPA in place.
- Consumer Safety is maintained by equipment design, operational controls and systematic verification in-house and by external labs.
- S4H QM module lead to overview SAP and Quality related operations. Work with SC department to administrate information related to FS & Quality.
- An educational degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment required; Food production environment an asset.
- Operational SAP-QM knowledge ideal.
- Knowledge/Certifications of QA Systems, Microbiology proficiency, HACCP, GMP, PCQI are assets.
- Previous experience supporting large-scale change activities a plus.
A recruiter will review resumes and if you are selected, you will receive a request to schedule a phone chat.
If we're a mutual match, you will proceed to the interview process which is entirely virtual - both virtual face-to-face and phone interviews (3 total).
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.