Quality Analyst - Laboratory
About the Role!
The Lab Quality Analyst will use analytical and sensory methods to evaluate products at the time of manufacture. The role will interface with Production to function as a technical resource for quality requirements, assist in trouble shooting and production improvement investigations, as well as implementation of corrective actions applied.
This is a salaried, non-exempt role.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Review of laboratory SOP’s and assists in updating, creating and organizing as needed
- Take ownership of based programs (Calibration, Document Control…)
- Conduct routine and as-needed inspection and testing of various packaging and raw materials being used to manufacture Margarine and Spread products
- Microbiological testing on intermediate & finished product
- Participation in Quality Strategy teams and activities
- Perform capability sampling and projects
- Perform GMP and internal audits
- Conduct shift quality training (CRQS, Freeweigh, GMP…)
- Ensure appropriate records, documents and reports are completed as required
- Product specification controls: analyze product taste, moisture, salt, pH and sorbate presence
- Make adjustments/communicate with batchers as necessary based on analytical results
- Packaging quality control: appearance, fill, code dates
- Ensure necessary corrections are made and that non-conforming goods is place on hold
- Verify QC records are in order and filed accordingly
- Collect samples for micro analysis using proper Good Laboratory Procedure (GLP); utilizing Petri-film/pour agar methods
- Conduct micro analysis on aqueous phases, finished product
- Ensure the fill control of Line products is in compliance with standards
- Verify line operators are complying with the fill policies
- Assist operators in learning FreeWeigh system, trouble shooting, system administration
- Assist in managing SOP’s related to laboratory activities, line testing and microbiological analysis.
- Maintain proper document control for lab related documents
- Use MS Office and other current software for documentation, data entry and analysis
Root Cause Analysis:
- Participate in/learn to independently lead Quality Root Cause Analyses with small production teams
- Perform light housekeeping duties and maintain a 5S/ clean and safe work environment
- Degree required; Bachelor’s preferred. Related experience required for non-degreed applicants
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience, in a Quality or Lab environment
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and together with other employees, to have experience with analytical methods
- It is desired to have experience in lab analytical methods, handling lab chemicals, understand food industry safety and GMP, Micro sampling, using Access database, and handling scale equipment
- Can operate on days, off-shifts and weekends as factory requirements demand
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits starting day 1: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, PTO, Local and Regional Referral Bonus.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.