RTR Finance Operations Manager
Finance Operations (RTR) Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
As the Finance Operations (RTR) Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end General Ledger process. Reporting directly to Country Head of Finance, you will work cross-functionally with the local and central team to support, coordinate and facilitate the implementation of new and improved structures, processes and activities.
This person will work for Business Support Finance, and will work in close partnership with Tax, Treasury, Shared Services, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Risk Management, internal and external auditors.
- Responsible from General Ledger Accounting and Statutory Reporting, work closely with global process owners and ensure all financial accounting activities of RTR process are executed effectively and efficiently with appropriate controls and end-to-end view
- Manage Month End Close, Accruals, Employee Related Adjustments, Prepayments, Fixed Assets accounting and reporting and the overall RTR Controls framework across the enterprise
- Process compliance: with all relevant legislation and company procedures (GL, Treasury, P2P)
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all financial regulatory compliances both locally and required for IFRS (i.e. IFRS 15-16)
- Primary contact point for external auditors in guidance of Financial Accounting & Reporting.
- Close alliance with Tax planning, compliance, analysis, P2P support in the Tax area, reporting
- General Accounting: JE preparation/posting, allocations, intercompany reconciliations, deferred revenue, accruals/pre-payments, prepaid expenses, intangibles (including goodwill, low-value assets, etc.), reporting and account analysis, 3-way-match follow-up
- Continual striving to simplify, standardize and improve processes or sub-processes - subject to the approval of Finance Controller
- Preparation of documents for an internal and external audit,
- Cooperation with 3rd party service provider and local advisors
- Minimum 5-6 years relevant work experience
- Experience in Audit firms is an asset
- Degree (finance/accounting) CPA (SMMM) – would be a strong asset
- Practical knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP’s
- SAP proficiency (S4H – knowledge would be a strong asset)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in an international environment
- Fluent English (both spoken and written)
For this role, you will need to be adaptable, challenge motivated and thrive on implementing high standard productivity and simplicity. Curiosity and the confidence to take calculated decisions are core characteristics for RtR.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!