Field Sales Representative (Metro NYC)
This position will target the NYC Metro area - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and NJ.
Calling all food travelers! Upfield is hiring a Area Sales Representative to join our growing Sales team. As a Sales Representative, you'll aim to penetrate the independent “end users” in the Metro-NY, US, markets.
Success is realized by building and leveraging effective relationships with restaurant operators (and associated distributors) to maximize sales and distribution by:
- Strategically gaining new business prospects through pre-qualified leads and cold calling activity in addition to maintaining existing customer relationships.
- Generate demand for Violife products to support distribution and velocity through strategic Direct Store Distribution (DSD) partner(s).
- Offer training and product selling approach for Menu-Development, Culinary and F&B teams, at end user operators emphasizing our products and their unique features and benefits.
- Participating in negotiations, programs and promotions, to achieve our volume and margin objective’s.
Your Main Responsibilities
- New Business: Identify new customer and sales opportunities by prospecting, cold-calling, networking using established tools and industry sources. Call on, sell and close prospective customers.
- Customer Development/Training: Grow Upfield business at existing customers via SKU expansion and volume gains by performing new product introductions, training and developing relevant strategic partnerships.
- Customer Planning: Develop customer growth plans for assigned customers/segments through application of Upfield strategies and channel go to market guidelines.
- Customer Management: Manage and penetrate assigned customers/segments at all levels and develop relationships that enable achievement of plans and objectives and represent all company functions in all interactions with customers.
- Profitability: Own responsibility for the customer Marginal Contribution and Net/Net sales growth and effectively manage to accomplish assigned financial objectives.
- Trade Funds: Ensure promotional programs for assigned customers comply with approved trade fund spending levels and ensure compliance with Upfield financial standards.
- Selling: Prepare and deliver effective selling presentations that implement approved customer/segment plans.
- Negotiating: Always strive to improve customer performance through effective negotiating skills in all aspects of your customer’s business.
- Performance Tracking: Leverage management tools to analyze data on a variety of critical business drivers.
- Budgets: Effective management of T&E budget.
About You & Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Culinary degree
- 3+ Years of professional sales experience
- Travel percentage: 20%. Willing and able to travel within 75-mile radius around NY/NJ Metro
- Channel/Segment Experience: Experience selling end user operators (Limited Service & Full Service) with knowledge of channel dynamics
- Initiative, self-motivation, high energy, hard-working and persistence to make abundancy of sales calls per day.
- Presentation Building Skills: Development of presentation documents drawing from all available sources.
- Negotiating Skills: The ability to achieve pre-planned results in a meeting or discussion by negotiating for those results with an individual or group.
- Training Skills: Ability to perform product training aimed to reinforce the attributes and benefits of the product portfolio.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
Visit our Global LinkedIn page to find out more news.