Regional Procurement Manager, APAC
Role: Regional Procurement Manager, APAC
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
About the Team!
The Upfield Procurement team is responsible to develop, implement and execute best practice purchasing principles, such as develop long term supplier relationships, vendor performance indicators, and sourcing procedures. The team identifies and implements solutions in alignment with the cross functional teams. They constantly strive to implement efficiencies in their portfolio through negotiations and through alternate strategies and approaches.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for strong financial analytical support and serve as the “go-to” individual acting as the primary liaison between suppliers and internal business areas to support collaborative Procurement, Plant, and Supply Chain strategic initiatives. This position reports to the Procurement Head for Asia, Middle East and Africa.
You'll be responsible for the entire Procurement Operations (Raw Materials, Packaging Materials, 3rd Part Manufacturing and Indirect Materials) as the manager of three direct reports. This position requires an individual with hands on management style with a solid experience.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing across multiple business teams by leveraging the end-to-end sourcing and stakeholder engagement process.
- Prepare and conduct negotiations and tenders, and manage commercial relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Develop strategic partnerships and negotiate pricing, NDAs, Master Agreements, Amendments, Addendums and renewals with vendors aligning both local and global Procurement teams.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to continuously improve supplier performance through effective contracts and supplier performance management methodologies.
- Build market knowledge on trends, market capabilities, strategy shifts, geo-political influences to provide market insight to internal stakeholders and support strategic decision (brining the outside in)
- Deliver on key financial targets such as gross margin improvement through savings and cash flow improvement by applying (e.g.) smart buying tools
- Analyze production cost and create benchmarks for make or buy decisions together with the Supply Chain and Category finance teams
- Optimize the current RM. PM and 3PM network and seek improvement opportunities in collaboration with regional/global teams
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in order to gather category requirements and specifications from departments, category, and subject matter experts.
- Understand and manage the expectation of internal stakeholders, provide procurement support for them
- Represent Procurement function in various business forums and platforms in accordance with company’s overall strategy and missions.
- Create a stakeholder heat map to define the key stakeholders and ensure their support to Procurement Activities.
- Provide coaching to the team ad take responsibility on their development
- Focus on team’s engagement and create a positive environment
- Set goals and drive KPI’s in accordance with the global Procurement vision for self and the team
- Monitoring team’s performance to ensure individual and team objectives are achieved
- Conducting and reporting performance evaluations
You'll be successful in this role if you enjoy researching, negotiating, and having ownership over a portfolio. You're managing multiple activities at once so it's important you are detailed oriented whether for your own sake or for others who step-in when you're on vacation or sick.
You'll be required to work in SAP and Ariba - we can train you on these systems but if you don't have experience, you'll need to have the drive to learn a complex operation.
- Bachelor's Degree. Will consider Associates Degree + proven experience.
- Minimum 10 years of procurement experience with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Reporting: You'll gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work independently and within a team environment and cultivate strong working relationships across the organization.
- Potential travel 20% - TBD based on pandemic restrictions.
- Must be able to work in SAP and Ariba - training provided.
What's the Process?
The entire interview process will be virtual.
If you're selected, a Talent Acquisition Specialist will reach out to schedule a pre-screen call. If we're a mutual match, you'll progress to your first interview. The process can be anywhere from 1-4 interviews, not including the pre-screen.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.