We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
As a member at Upfield the candidate will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor. Responsible for troubleshooting, overall maintenance and repair of process and production equipment.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure all work is managed in such a way as to adhere to the HACCP and GMP policies/processes of a Food Manufacturing facility
- Troubleshoot, repair, and adjust plant equipment and production support equipment as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Maintain close communication with other employees (Electricians, Packaging Technicians, Operators, Electricians, Stationary Engineers, etc.).
- Complete all required documentation including fully updating CMMS.
- Ensure that all machines safety guards are in place and operational.
- Ensure compliance to all plant safety rules.
- Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act.
- Support quality and food safety programs including HACCP and FSCC-22000.
Qualifications, Abilities and Experience:
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright Certificate (433A)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferably in a food manufacturing plant
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Safety first mentality
- Valid Forklift License (an asset)
- Strong sense of teamwork with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional team members.
- Knowledge of WHIMS
- HACCP trained (Preferred)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills related to troubleshooting equipment issues, preferably in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment.
- Electromechanical competency is an asset (sensors, drives, HMI, etc.).
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions.
- Computer literate
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents relating to the job, function or assignment
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills, both verbal and written
Location: Role is based in Etobicoke
Schedule: Overnight shift (flexible on weekends)
Starting Rate of Pay: $40.00 per hour