Job Title: Finance Specialist
Location: Bangalore, India
Reports to (role): Head of Finance (North Africa & Middle East)
- Responsible from General Ledger Accounting and Statutory Reporting, work closely with global process owners and ensure all financial accounting activities of RTR process are executed effectively and efficiently with appropriate controls and end-to-end view
- General Accounting: JE preparation/posting, allocations, intercompany reconciliations, deferred revenue, accruals/pre-payments, prepaid expenses, reporting and account analysis, 3-way-match follow-up
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all financial regulatory compliances both locally and required for IFRS
- VAT preparation & filing, license renewals
- Balance Sheet & Working Capital ownership including intercompany recharges
- Preparation of documents for an internal and external audits
- Process compliance: with all relevant legislation and company procedures (GL, Treasury, P2P)
- Manage month end closing, accruals, employee related adjustments, prepayments, fixed assets accounting and reporting and the overall RTR Controls framework across the enterprise, reporting & reconciliations of key accounts/balances
- Accounts payable activities and bank reconciliations
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience
- Experience in audit firms and FMCG is an asset
- Professionally certified in Finance /Accountancy
- Good interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Proficiency in Excel and SAP
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, team-player attitude, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.