Commercial Finance Partner
Commercial Finance Partner
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
As the Commercial Finance Analyst, you will be supporting Finance operations in MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region. Reporting directly to Head of Finance MENA, you will work cross-functionally with the local and central teams to support, coordinate and facilitate the implementation of new and improved structures, processes, and activities.
This person will work in close partnership with General Manager, Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain functions.
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment, and innovation decisions
- Ownership of P&L and responsible for steering delivery of Revenue, Gross Profit, EBIT and Cash
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment, and innovation decisions Understand key risks and opportunities identified with the business and how to mitigate/deliver these options
- Drive robust cost and investment control/budget management over trade and marketing spend
- Partner to sales team to drive in-month and quarterly Revenue and Gross Profit delivery
- Business Partner Marketing team with a focus on innovation development and execution (business case build and tracking, resource allocation)
- Steer monthly/quarterly forecasting cycle to produce robust forecast and clear decisions/actions/trade-offs
- Full involvement in key strategic initiatives for the business to drive efficiencies, growth opportunities, cost control and ultimately profit generation for the business
- Maintain integrity of the Balance Sheet for trade investment costs, ensuring clear management ownership and regular management reviews
- Responsible from management reporting, including actuals and forecast
- Responsible from month-end closing activities, reconciliations of key accounts/balances
- Interacting with financial shared services & global export company to monitor performance & resolve issues
- Assisting S&OP process with on-time data input, analysis while providing insights & suggestions
- Timely and accurate Cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Working experience as a Finance Business Partner / Manager / Controller and at least 3 years of professional experience, ideally in a FMCG company
- Good understanding of financial metrics and financial processes
- Professionally certified in Finance /Accountancy would be an asset
- Must be comfortable in a start-up environment with passion and grit to make their mark
- Should be result-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, team-player attitude, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-based environment
- Fluency in English
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and PowerPoint capability
For this role, you will need to be adaptable, challenge motivated and thrive on implementing high standard productivity and simplicity. Curiosity and the confidence to take calculated decisions are core characteristics for Commercial Finance Analyst.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!