Mechanic/Millwright for New Brantford Facility $37/Hour
About the Role!
We are looking for Maintenance Mechanics to join our new, state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility located in Brantford.
The Maintenance Mechanic is proactive; responsible for troubleshooting, preventative and overall maintenance, repair of process and production equipment. Candidates will be working straight shifts (days, afternoons or nights) and overtime as needed.
You do not want to miss out on an opportunity to work for a globally recognized plant-based food leader and a major new employer in the Brantford community!
- Troubleshoot, repair, and adjust plant equipment and production support equipment as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Complete all required documentation including fully updating SAP maintenance system.
- Secure machine safety guards and ensure all work is managed following the HACCP and GMP policies/processes of a Food Manufacturing facility.
- Support quality and food safety programs via FSSC 22000 and HACCP.
- Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act.
You have a strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally between team members.
- High School Diploma and Industrial Mechanic Millwright Certificate (433A) required.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Industrial Millwright required; 5+ years’ experience and Food Manufacturing plant experience ideal.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP trained preferred – Safety First mentality!
- Electromechanical (sensors, drives, HMI, etc.) working knowledge is a plus.
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 floater days per year
- Generous pension plan eligible after 6 months. All employees receive contributions of 4% of earnings from Upfield plus we will match employee amounts between 1% to 5%!
- Benefits eligibility on day one (a portion of premiums paid by employee)
- Flex spending account for health and wellness
- Tuition assistance for career development
- Overtime paid after 40 hours
- Afternoon shift premium $1.00/hour, night shift premium $1.25/hour
Upfield is the largest plant-based consumer products company in the world. Our mission is making people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based spreads, plant-based butters and vegan cheeses that are better for you and better for the planet.
At Upfield Canada, we’ve come a long way, but we wouldn’t be where we are without our people. So it’s really important that everyone can come as they are, feel valued and supported, and know they belong.
We show care, respect, and hear the voices of our teams and we demonstrate this through our values of Performance, Passion and Care. These define who we are as a company, and how we work as Upfielders every day.
We have big ambitions and we are looking for people with ambitions to match. If you enjoy a challenge and a dynamic working environment, join us and we’ll give you the ownership you need to make a real impact on people’s lives and our planet.