SME - SAP Basis
Job Title – SME - SAP Basis
Location: Bangalore, India
Reporting directly to Infrastructure & Cloud Operations Manager, the the SAP Basis Manager is responsible for the SAP BASIS solution design and operations across the IT landscape for the organization. Manage and lead the SAP Basis team in the daily operations of our SAP ecosystem. Activities include leading the planning, analysis, troubleshooting, integration, installation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of the SAP systems. Additional responsibilities include managing periodic maintenance activities, refreshes, patching, and upgrades.
Main Responsibilities: -
- Manage the SAP Basis requirements and delivery via supplier teams in line with outsourcing agreements.
- Scope includes Deployment and operations of BASIS in collaboration with Service Desk, Collaboration and Productivity services across the organization.
- Provide functional knowledge and technical expertise to help design solutions which align with the company’s strategic vision.
- Work closely with Vendors Product teams to maintain a strategic awareness of and influence the direction of the Roadmaps of our selected technologies.
- Develop, grow and maintain effective working partnerships with Vendors, suppliers and all service providers
- Establish and maintain a very strong Partner Relationship to the Directors, Managers and teams across the Baking, cooking & Spreads business.
- Maintain a view of future technologies that would enhance, simply or delight our Customers and shareholders
- Provide hands-on leadership and administration of the SAP Basis Administration for SAP ERP, SAP Netweaver, SAP Enterprise Portal, SAP Solution Manager, and SAP Web Dispatcher
- Perform SAP system copy (Refreshes) : homogeneous and heterogeneous migration
- Perform SAP client copy: export and import as required
- Configure and manage the SAP Transport Management System including migration of transports
- Manage SAP enhancement packages and upgrades
- Manage and maintain SAP add-ons and add-on upgrades
- Review SAP security note releases and guide the team in testing and application
- Applying SAP OSS (Online Service System) notes
- Establish SAP system monitoring alerts and thresholds
- Implement system performance tuning improvements as required
- Manage and tune the SAP database environment including monitoring indexes and tables spaces
- Perform SAP Kernel upgrades
- Maintain and configure the SAP GUI
- Implement and maintain the SAP Fiori environment
- Investigate, resolve, and document solutions for database problems
- Monitor regularly scheduled server backup jobs
- Provide leadership for troubleshooting and system performance initiatives
- Perform staff management responsibilities, including work delegation and review, direction and guidance, escalation support, training and development, performance management, and other staffing responsibilities (e.g., Kronos, pay reviews, etc.)
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Experience to Run SAP workloads in Azure cloud
- Extensive experience in SAP BASIS leadership role ideally with in a global organization for globally consumed products and services.
- 8-12 years’ experience in SAP BASIS administration and various SAP Deployment Models.
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing SAP requirements and delivery via Supplier teams and outsourcing agreements.
- 5-7 years of experience in managing SAP Hosting – ECC 6.0 or S/4 HANA (preferred) On-Premise or Cloud (preferred).
- Sound, broad knowledge of IT and business context.
- Excellent communication and senior stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent Team management, recruitment and development skills.
- Significant experience of supplier management.
- Personal drive, with a track record of working to tight timelines in a challenging environment.
- Understands the importance of diverse cultures and values different views and perspectives.
- Understands the importance and objectives of the Upfield organisation.
- Appreciation of the challenges faced with a greenfield site, with the mindset required for successful outcome.
- Recognises the importance of a well-defined clear business strategy.
- Excellent leadership qualities, encouraging ownership, assertiveness and openly challenging to get the best from teams and partners.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.