We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
The Packaging Technician works under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisors for the Manufacturing Department.
Their responsible for all aspects of line operation including CIP, Change- Overs, Lubrication and Troubleshooting according to an established procedure, at a set pace while adhering to all safety regulations. Inspects product and completes required quality checks and necessary forms.
This is a night shift position (10:30PM - 6:30AM) and can move into day or afternoon shift once a vacancy opens up.
- Operate machine(s), keeping watch for any malfunction. Is responsible for maintaining quality and quantity of product as set by Quality Assurance and packaging Production Standards.
- Inspect product according to quality standards
- Ensure adequate material supply is on the line at all times (i.e. tubs, lids, foil, glue, etc.) and that all machines are properly loaded.
- Check ingredient and total product weights and adjust the controls as required to ensure adherence to standards.
- Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act.
You have a strong sense of teamwork!
- Must be able to work 10:30PM - 6:30AM shift, flexible weekends
- Highschool diploma/GED equivalent required
- Knowledge of WHIMS, HACCP trained (Preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents relating to the job, function or assignment
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations
- Basic use of hand tools, walkie stacker and is computer literate
- Closing shop orders
This position is full time at the Etobicoke location, until the factory moves to Brantford come the Fall of 2022.
Schedule: Overnight (flexible on weekend)
Starting Rate of Pay: $28.08/hr.