Procurement Manager - 3PM and Strategic Projects
As part of the North American Procurement Team, the primary purpose of this position is to manage 3rd Party Manufacturing and Strategic Projects to support and deliver on North American targets. This will be accomplished through maintaining the commercial relationships with current 3rd Party Manufacturers, new 3PM scouting, managing strategic projects, leveraging current supplier base, budget & value creation (cost savings) management, and contract negotiation/execution.
- Sourcing Strategies & Market Analysis
- Develop and Manage Relationships
- Negotiate and Finalize Contracts
- Manage Projects and partner with R&D, Marketing, Finance, Ops, and other business partners to successfully launch or transition products under tight timelines
- Ensure 3PM partners adhere to Upfield safety and quality requirements.
- Improve customer service performance of co-manufactures
- Represent 3PM on outsourcing, launches, run strategy, project and innovation teams as necessary
- Collaboration with Supply Planning, and Logistics Teams on total supply chain cost and efficiency improvements
- Actively maintain strong understanding of category dynamics (current market, pricing, cost drivers, industry and supplier variables) through trade groups, publications, etc. and communicates changes to business stakeholders
- Implement Supplier Relationship Management Program to improve partner performance, establish best quality, collaboration, and value creation
- Develop SLA’s and Scorecards
- Monitor and track KPIs and other performance related data
- Develop and launch RFQs / RFPs to select 3PM partners and suppliers
- Analyze the proposals and make recommendations to key internal stake holders
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders teams by providing key insight on current services and capabilities to meet economic feasibility.
- Participate in project implementation by respecting the budgets / schedules / Upfield standards quality, using the appropriate tools.
- Continuously monitor, review and communicate the project status
- Establish the budget, track variances and manage risks for respective area through work with Finance and Key Stakeholders
- Identify Value Creation projects to create savings opportunities, validate with finance, seek and attain buy-in for these projects, build budget with other functions, realize and track savings
- Higher professional education / university degree
- Proven and relevant track record in 3rd Party Manufacturing Procurement for at least 5 years within a multinational environment
- Experience on large-scale change management projects and in international assignments is a plus
- Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication
- Enjoy working in a hybrid and multicultural working environment
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel
- This role is part of the North America Procurement team reporting directly to the Head of Procurement for the Americas
- Internal: Procurement Global and NA teams, Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Legal teams
- Travel for 3PM site visits within North America, project meetings and team meetings. Travel intensity as per job requirements
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.