Account Manager - Impulse
As part of the Retail Sales Team, your primary focus will be on building strong and enduring customer relationships with key convenience retailers and distributors. Utilising the full breath of our extensive chilled product portfolio you will be managing an already established set of customers, and a key fundamental of the role will be identifying and unlocking new distribution opportunities across the account base to drive sustainable profitable growth.
This is an external customer facing role and success requires a knowledge of the Wholesale and Convenience market and a detailed understanding of sales within FMCG. The ability to work independently as well as playing an active role within a highly motivated and successful sales team is essential.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of success within FMCG sales, along with an extensive customer facing experience. Our customers range from the traditional wholesale route to market to buying groups and Convenience retail operators. Experience of managing Joint Business Plans and negotiating Cost Price Increases is a must.
- Account Management of established customer base
- Identify and unlock new distribution opportunities across customer base.
- Skilled in prioritisation, able to provide clear direction to the channel team on the key business development opportunities
- Full accountability for commercial decision making within existing customer portfolio and new business pipeline, passing on CPI in line with market, FX & raw material fluctuations as they occur.
- The drive to manage each new business opportunity end to end, to ensure an unrivalled experience of Upfield for the customer.
- Full customer specific P&L responsibility for both existing customer base and new business opportunities
- Facilitate the trading relationship between key Wholesale and Convenience channel customer base through providing development of customer relationships up to a senior level and support the team to engage with new customers
- Foster a culture of cross functional working experience, taking time to gain a deep understanding your colleagues needs, in order to achieve the common goal of a seamless experience for our customers.
Key skills & experience
- Extended & relevant experience working within the in the UK Wholesale & Convenience channel is highly desirable.
- You will have a very positive attitude, are able to influence & convince and are able to see and seize opportunities when they present themselves.
- A proven track record of excellent commercial, strategic & sales skills.
- Experience of working within a successful sales team
- Relevant industry connections to build an extensive network across the industry
- A passion for, & high-level knowledge of food and the foodservice industry
- Experience negotiating, process and deriving insight from customer and industry data
How to apply!
Please apply below, or if you have additional questions just send me a WhatsApp message using (+31 611922716). I understand your resume might not be up to date, just send me what you have.
Bakr Haltout Rhouni, Talent Acquisition Specialist
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
We have the hybrid working model and we are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.