Commercial Finance Analyst
Are you that finance professional with strong experience in working with the sales and marketing teams to drive performance, whilst also being able to business partner with the CFO directly to drive change? Upfield is entering an exciting phase of growth and expansion and we are looking for a Commercial Finance Analys– UK&I to join our growing team!
Location: London Southwark
Hybrid working: 3 days in office
Purpose of role
The Commercial Finance Analyst – UK&I is an active member of the Market Finance team reporting to the Market Commercial Finance Manager. The role holder will provide insight and challenge thorough analysing drivers of brand & customer performance (financial and market) and will help build action plans to deliver on our mission targets and overarching market unit strategy.
In this role, you will be doing Net Revenue Management, Sales & Operation Planning, Commercial Analysis and Business Partnering. Our focus is to drive sustainable growth so your actions will be 30% short term (up to next quarter), 50% mid term (up to 12 months) & 20% long term (more than 1 year) to bring a growth mindset to the organisation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Understand Market ambitions for the following year and build them into sales plans
- Work with Commercial Finance Manager to produce the financial forecast for the S&OP cycle feeding into the relevant reporting decks through the cycle linking to market ambitions.
- Cash up of volume forecast to deliver P&L enabling trade offs and potential actions to discuss with commercial team.
- Scenario planning and owning the decision making which can come from it
- Understand key risks and opportunities identified with the business and how to mitigate/deliver these options with sales & marketing.
- Lead the revenue growth management agenda for the UK
- Look to build return on investment analysis by customer, focussing on how effective our promotion performance is and how to maximise returns.
- Feed output of ROI analysis into senior stakeholder business decision making
- Able to effectively communicate financial information to non finance people helping them to understand the insight in the analysis performed
- Deputise for the Commercial Finance Manager
You have sales awareness along with a collaborative and growth-oriented mindset. You are Digitally savvy with good project management/planning skills. Finally, you're an influencer with good communication skills and enjoys change.
You are a qualified finance professional, CIMA preferably. With 3 -5 years post qualified experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
This is one of the largest regions within Upfield so experience of a significantly sized P&L will be advantageous.
How to apply!
Would you like to join a fast growing and evolving Finance departments providing you different development opportunities on the short and longer term? At upfield, you get the opportunity to build and develop the financial control organization and on the longer term, grow in your current role & team or develop yourself cross-functional.
Yes? please apply below!
I understand your resume might not be up to date, just send me what you have. Or reach out to me (Gwenn.email@example.com) Gwenn Kocken, Talent Acquisition Specialist
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers, and the planet.
We have the hybrid working model and we are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.