Sales Intern - Violife Foodservice
We are currently seeking a College Intern (Sales), Foodservice position. This position aims to penetrate the Independent Bagel Shops and other morning day part “end users” in the New York City and surrounding metro area, US, market. Success is realized by building and leveraging effective distribution with New York metro bagel shop restaurant operators to maximize sales and distribution by gaining new business prospects through creating leads and cold calling activity and generating demand for Violife Cream Cheese products to support distribution and velocity through Wholesale and Distribution partner(s).
- New Business: Identify new customer and sales opportunities by prospecting, cold-calling, networking using tools provided.
- Selling: Prepare and deliver effective selling presentations to gain Violife product distribution.
- Performance Tracking: Leverage management tools to report critical business driver on a weekly basis.
- Coordinating sampling activity.
- Sample preparation including packing and loading vehicles.
- Executing all sampling, product sample deliveries, and brand activations.
- Pro-actively engaging consumers on-site.
- Capturing photos/video of activity and reporting numerical outputs/ consumer feedback.
- Being the face of the brand locally and role modeling the brand behaviors in market.
- Weekly communications with regional sales manager
- Current full-time enrollment at accredited College/University
- Willing and able to mobilize within the New York metro vicinity
- Car preferred
- Presentation Skills: Development of presentation tools drawing from all available sources. Ability to present features, advantages, and benefits of Violife in a confident and articulate fashion.
- Selling Skills: A regimented approach to selling the end user through a consistent process of cold calling. Quantity and frequency will result in the more opportunities for Violife distribution.
- Initiative: Ability to self-motivate and deliver actionable results across all key responsibilities.
- Social Media: Competence in social media and ability to utilize as a platform to amplify the Violife brand.
- Ability to travel daily and deliver product utilizing your own personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- Ability to be on your feet and/or on the go for 4 hours continuously.
- Hospitality and food service experience a plus.
- Effective communication skills and outgoing personality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Initiative-taker with a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Enthusiastic about our mission to empower consumers to choose (and enjoy!) foods that align with their concerns around climate change and health.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!