Assistant Procurement Manager
Assistant Procurement Manager (Middle East and Turkey)
Contract Management, Indirect Services
Atasehir/ Istanbul, Turkey
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The scope of the role includes controlling and supporting operations in Turkey and the Middle East regions. Assistant Procurement Manager will be focusing on contract management of indirect services.
- Negotiate and agree with the suppliers for the procurement of assigned categories and the products on time,
- Implement local and global sourcing strategies in the country and provide local information to the global teams.
- Develop new suppliers and products for Upfield,
- Develop strategic partnerships and negotiate pricing, NDAs, Master Agreements, Commercial Agreements, Amendments, Addendums and renewals with vendors aligning both local and global Procurement teams.
- Create and maintain supplier contracts for Direct & Indirect Materials on time,
- Liaise with Planning and Quality teams for supplier compliance to contract deliverables and act as the point of contact for any problem,
Supplier Relationship Management
- Measure supplier performance and report frequently to all relevant global and local teams
- Visit key suppliers,
- Bring external innovation to the company,
- Sample approval management both for alternative suppliers and alternative materials,
- Deliver on key financial targets such as gross margin improvement through savings and cash flow improvement by applying smart buying tools,
- Analyze production cost and create benchmarks for make or buy decisions together with the procurement, Supply Chain and Category finance teams.
- Report the tasks that are assigned to you on weekly basis to your line manager,
- Prioritize the tasks by analyzing and understanding the needs for sustainable business continuity,
- Spend analysis both for direct and indirect categories under your responsibility,
- Control of SAP and Ariba contract alignment in regular basis,
- Ensure supplier invoices are being recorded compliant with the contracts and purchase orders by weekly regular clearance on VIMs,
- Report savings that are achieved for each of your negotiations and contracts in parallel within the relevant fiscal year by using the company templates and track of their reporting,
- Submission of the budget within the specified timeline by SC finance teams; check the result of variances and collaborate to net off.
- Collaborate with responsiveness for both global and local stakeholders,
- Attend and/or organize meetings for business solution, improvement and collaboration as online and/or mutual,
- Stay up to date for the challenging business environment by keeping the pulse of local market dynamics and global drivers,
- Use training tools and join them that is assigned by Upfield for improving your personal and professional skills.
- At least 3-5 years procurement and functional business process experience
- Some Project Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Bias for Action
- Excellent rigor and order
- Strong Accountability & Responsibility
- Well developed, mature emotional intelligence
- Strong growth mindset
- Proficiency in Excel and Power Point
- SAP S4H experience preferable but not mandatory
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!