Media & Digital Lead EU- South
About the Role!
Upfield is looking for a Regional Media & Digital leader to lead our Southern Europe paid media initiatives.
Someone who is confident at driving the end-to-end media planning and buying, the execution of media tests, and scale campaigns. Someone who can lead our central European media agency and our local markets to build inspiring and robust media strategies and plans, powered by real-time data, which build awareness and affinity for our brands. You’re excited by testing and learning before scaling big investments, and helping the brands share those results in ways that unlock more media investment. Someone who brings energy, positivity and action into the workplace and who can inspire and motivate – you influence through the quality and results of your advice. Someone who wants to jump into the detail of data and media platforms and pull out the most useful insights to unlock new growth with a key brand audience. Someone who is a true Marketeer - a strategic, commercially minded thinker, who has passion for the media industry, with a finger on the pulse of the latest developments across all of Marketing and media. Someone who is eager to help our brands connect deeply with consumers and communicate our plant-based mission.
You have deep expertise in paid and owned media and play a lead role to strategize and implement local media investments that create clear, measurable outcomes for our brands. You’ll drive flawless in-platform media execution, optimize relationships with external partners, deliver continued excellence in media planning and buying and effectively manage agencies – across digital and traditional channels. You’ll be our South-European media thought leader and work closely with the North-European Head of as well as the European Head of Media & Digital to support markets in a truly integrated and holistic fashion.
You’re excited to join our new European Digital and Media Team and contribute to build new ways of working to deliver media excellence in Southern Europe. You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
- Create and deliver best in class brand media strategies and integrated executable media plans for all Southern European markets
- Deliver the insurgent European media approach and roadmap and for advancing hothouse approach
- Work with Southern European Media Managers and Brand Managers on major media executions to ensure funds are invested to maximizing a brand’s presence and ROI. Be the Media spokes person for the local heads of marketing.
- Steer and lead the Central Media Agency to ensure world class strategic thinking, innovation and approach and performance-based media delivery is constantly delivered
- Identify regional key media, data and technology partners, to challenge the norm and seek out innovative approaches to connect consumers with our brands.
- Build and implement guidelines from local learnings that can apply broadly to ensure synergies and media excellence across Europe.
- Work with Head of Media & Digital and Norther media lead to support an active European community of local media and digital experts to create a vibrant and attractive learning culture for talent.
- Be a key player of the European Hothouse team to unlock in-house efficiencies to deliver best-in-class programmatic, search or social campaigns.
- You have deep understanding of how to execute with excellence across all media channel – ideally in social, programmatic and e-commerce. Your experience covers the breadth of digital media execution as well as omni-channel media planning and buying
- You have a track record of becoming the go-to expert in media planning and – brand teams and colleagues seek you out for insight and help
- You can manage a broad set of stakeholders, working across the Upfield business collaboratively as well as actively managing relationships with external agency / freelance partners
- You are energized by the prospect of transforming the marketing organization at Upfield with your media capabilities and driving change in the front-line by supporting local markets
- You are experienced in managing a cross-functional team to drive best-in-class execution and inspire and motivate a high energy, action-oriented team.
Professional skills & experience
- Business English fluency
- Preferably a Degree in Marketing/Communications, Business, Economics or equivalent
- Minimums of 6 years of relevant media planning & digital marketing experience (ideally FMCG – Foods but not essential)
- Experience in managing diverse teams with a variety of expertise – either at an agency or client side.
- Understanding of the inner workings of media agencies – either having worked there or with them for at least 3 years in a leadership role
- A true Marketeer: commercial, strategic thinker, who has deep understanding of 3 C’s (Consumer, Customer, Competition), trends, practices, information and insights impacting the business, enabling sound decisions to be made.
- Strong analytical skills – specifically in the measuring, reporting and effective communication of campaign of ROI
Please apply below, or if you have additional questions please reach out to me via email@example.com
Andre Vleeming, Talent Acquisition Specialist