The Destination Portfolio Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating a selection of projects related to our migration towards our destination portfolio, by leading a cross functional team. These projects are for example: product innovation, pack change, quality improvement, destination portfolio
This role interfaces extensively with Marketing, Finance, RD&Q, Quality, and all functions within Global Supply Chain (Procurement, Artwork, Manufacturing and Customer Service and Logistics), to make sure we deliver projects within the specified time, and quality parameters.
- Coordinates a selection of product change projects in Europe and ensure issues are escalated & risk mitigated to ensure overall business plans & strategies are delivered.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of projects to meet the revenue, volume, growth, productivity and quality goals and priorities of the business/category.
- This role interfaces extensively with Marketing, R&D, Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement to ensure delivery of projects within the specified time, cost and quality parameters.
- Drives the team in the definition of project scope, goals, tasks and resource (people and cost) requirements; resolve or lead the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional groups; develop methods to monitor project progress and provide corrective action if necessary.
- Creates project timelines, assign tasks and activities to stakeholders.
- Follows up on stake holders to ensure timely completion of their tasks, is capable to escalate within the business as needed to solve issues and bottle necks
- Ensures that suitable risk assessment and contingency planning (for relevant projects) takes place, is communicated, and agreed upon by all stakeholders and is acted on if necessary to keep the project on track or to accelerate the project if the business need exists.
- Enabling best practice sharing by ensuring all projects are properly closed and key learning’s are documented and preparing project evaluations when required
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience, portfolio management and Project Management process knowledge, preferably in New Product Launches or Product Change. 2 years experience in marketing and/or innovation. A combined experience between marketing/SC/R&D is a strong plus
- Innovation execution, alongside fantastic project management and a drive for excellence
- You love to be close to both the commercial side and the technical side of things
- Preferably a Bachelor's/Master's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or any business-related field
- Excellent command of the English languages, both written and spoken
- Working knowledge of the supply chain and basic supply chain principles and R&D
- Ability to demonstrate strong meetings management, advanced facilitation and communication skills across a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong initiative to problem solving and framing alternative solutions and driving delivery
- Process oriented – ability to monitor, measure, report
- High level of experience with computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and project management experience. The individual is expected to exercise judgment in coordinating and implementing various projects to completion under tight deadlines and to be able to lead a portfolio of projects
- A self-starter, with a strong bias for action, unafraid to get “your hands dirty”.