Refrigeration Technician $37/Hour
About the Role!
We are looking for Refrigeration Technicians to join our new, state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility located in Brantford.
The Refrigeration B Plant Operator has the direct accountability for ensuring the maintenance of facility refrigeration equipment. They will oversee the maintenance and operations of plants utilities under the supervision of the Chief Engineer.
The Operator must hold a Refrigeration B ticket in good standing with TSSA.
You do not want to miss out on an opportunity to work for a globally recognized plant-based food leader and a major new employer in the Brantford community!
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements to TSSA Standards
- Participate in plant equipment repairs/installations
- Interface with necessary Contractual and Inspection Departments for corrective and/or legal requirements
- Carry out oral/ printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion utilizing computerized maintenance system
- Maintain accurate records of safe management, operations and maintenance through compliance
- Improve plant efficiency by reporting on operating conditions of equipment, determine operating window, and helping to develop and maintain a maintenance program
- Troubleshoot any mechanical breakdown relating to the Utilities Department to ensure minimal loss in manufacturing of our products
- Work together with all other departments to ensure a productive team environment and the continuous improvement of the plant processes
- Understand all operating procedures of our facilities processing equipment and can maintain it
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring plant and powerhouse are operating in accordance with the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (T.S.S.A.)
- Ensure all work performed complies with governing practices, codes and regulations
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP. WHIMS, SDS requirements.
- Refrigeration B ticket required; must be in good standing.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Manufacturing environment required; Food production environment preferred.
- Must be mechanically inclined, troubleshooting skills are required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well within a team environment.
- Must be able to work the day shift with progression to 24/7 shift days and nights; work 2 days a month on weekend.
- Previous experience working with SOP's and GMP's is an asset.
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 floater days per year
- Generous pension plan eligible after 6 months. All employees receive contributions of 4% of earnings from Upfield plus we will match employee amounts between 1% to 5%!
- Benefits eligibility on day one (a portion of premiums paid by employee)
- Flex spending account for health and wellness
- Tuition assistance for career development
- Overtime paid after 40 hours
- Afternoon shift premium $1.00/hour, night shift premium $1.25/hour
Upfield is the largest plant-based consumer products company in the world. Our mission is making people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based spreads, plant-based butters and vegan cheeses that are better for you and better for the planet.
At Upfield Canada, we’ve come a long way, but we wouldn’t be where we are without our people. So, it’s really important that everyone can come as they are, feel valued and supported, and know they belong.
We show care, respect, and hear the voices of our teams and we demonstrate this through our values of Performance, Passion and Care. These define who we are as a company, and how we work as Upfielders every day.
We have big ambitions, and we are looking for people with ambitions to match. If you enjoy a challenge and a dynamic working environment, join us and we’ll give you the ownership you need to make a real impact on people’s lives and our planet.