Lab Analyst (12 Month Fixed Contract)
You will train in Etobicoke for 2 weeks and transition with us to Brantford.
You will perform analytical, microbiological and allergenic testing to control and improve Quality and Food Safety within our newest Brantford facility on a shift basis (weekend work when required).
You will also improve the Quality and Food Safety of the plant using SNCR system and Hold of Finish Goods protocol in SAP.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Talent - Completion of required QA & FS trainings for Cheese and Spreads; annual calibration on microbiological and chemical-physical proficiency.
- QMS - Reviewing and staying up to date on procedures related to QA, FS, and Lab Operations for Cheese and Spreads.
- Certification & GMP compliance - Execute and support internal inspections and audits.
- Block & Release Process - Communicating with QA Leads, 3PWH and Production Supervisors.
- Allergen Management - Perform required tests by procedures (allergen management requirements & RW, WIP, FG).
- Micro & Foreign Matter Prevention - Maintaining environmental quality program, assisting with investigations, testing for indicators of micro contamination.
- Contaminant and Label monitoring program - Work alongside production and logistics teams to maintain contaminant and claims program.
- Supplier Qualification & Control - Investigating and reporting supplier related incidents.
- Educational degree required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a laboratory.
- SAP experience ideal.
- Available to work on a fixed contract.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.